PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
So reading the Panda thread again, I got to thinking. Being a tea drinker, when not being AR about my coffee, what do you brew?
Me: PG Tips or Constant Comment. Both with milk. Water boiling hot, set for 5 minutes before removing the tea bag.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Is this the same thing as stirring up crap? I'm quite proficient at that....but the only thing I brew is when I make iced tea......I have tried Liptons, Luzianne, Earl Gray, and still haven't found the Holy Grail yet.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I like red rose tea, makes the best iced tea too. My grandma has been using it for her (locally) famous iced tea for years

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I was one of those morons who fell in love with the severely over-priced (at least in my mind), Matevana from Teavana... I even got my wife loving it when she's get a sore throat; and she normally HATES tea! This blend isn't expensive by tobacco bulk blend standards at least not here, but for tea? Crazy. It doesn't change the fact that I love this blend and will be forced to buy more at inflated prices when I run out...
-Jason

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
That is a mix Jason. I don't know that I would like chocolate in my tea. Wife is always wanting to try things in my coffee, she buys flavored creamers, ug. Coffee should taste like coffee.
I did try a nice tea blend when in BETTY"S in York, even brought some home with me. I think it has marigolds in it. Nice flavor and strong.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Bah, I thought this was going to be about beer!!!!
Tea in the mornings for me, but just cheap stuff in bags. Coffee is a weekend thing.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Sweet tea: orange pekoe

Hot tea: Lady Grey, Black Pearl, Irish Breakfast, or some of my many herbals

Coffee: 100% Colombian or other Central/South American blend. I don't like African coffee.
I leave the alcohol to the pros!

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
My wife likes "Monkey Picked Oolong" but since she is pregers she is avoiding caffeine.
My side of the family are Okies so our ice tea was always Lipton. Though I now buy roasted barley tea most of the time. No hot water needed! I prefer the Japanese version, very refreshing and caffeine free!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roasted_barley_tea
For hot tea I like green tea. I brew it by the pot and buy it at the Asian markets by our house.

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
Iced tea No Sugar Liption. PG tips.

Hot tea. Darjeling, Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Asam

Coffee. Empire State Dark Roast Done French press And Black

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Rip, I do love the press. That is why I won't let wife make my coffee, it ends up with pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, orange, vanilla... yuk.

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
I brew homemade cordials...Apple Pie, Cherry Pie, and some Polish Honey Pie. Warm you up when it's cold too.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Brew mostly beer Hahaha, I like peppermint tea from my own dried herbs or Irish Breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.