PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Foxxi

Lurker
Mar 30, 2022
As a software professional, I engage in diverse projects, from coding intricate algorithms to developing user-friendly interfaces. While the ever-changing nature of my work keeps me intellectually stimulated, it also has a side effect — turning me into a bit of an introvert.

In my quest to solve programming puzzles and create innovative solutions, I often find solace in quieter moments. Despite the demands of my profession, I cherish spending quality time with my girlfriend. Our shared love for movies and games creates a perfect escape from the intricacies of coding. Sitting together in front of the television, we delve into captivating storylines, explore virtual worlds, and enjoy the simple pleasure of each other's company.

spearheadbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2023
Long Beach
Let's see...
I retired from the U.S. Coast Guard.
Then I retired as the managing editor of a monthly hunting & fishing magazine.
Then I started a new career as a print advertising designer for grocery stores. I had nine clients before I decided to cutback to the two clients I currently do work for.
From early October until Dec. 25th of each year, I mostly wear a red suit and talk to children about what they would like to find under their Christmas tree.
Thanx for your service. Semper Paratus! My son is active duty now on a WMSL. MK5 he is and I think the CG is the greatest organization we have in our nation.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
I'm a Lineman, when your power goes off, I'm the one trying to get it back online, I've been doing this job for a very long time, 37 years to be trueful, The job sucks, it always has, Company continues to make my life just as miserable as it can, not for long, it can kiss my ass. Are you to worry? Yes , You should, no one wants to do this kind of work anymore. YMMV.

HeavyLeadBelly

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Cost Estimator for a design/build/construction mgmt firm that specializes in process design. I hate it and am 85% set to transition to farming.
My first career was a designer/estimator/PM in the construction field. I hated it too so when the Great Recession hit, and most of us were laid off, I went back to school for a different career that I’m much happier in, though I may make less money over all.

Reactions: sablebrush52

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
My first career was a designer/estimator/PM in the construction field. I hated it too so when the Great Recession hit, and most of us were laid off, I went back to school for a different career that I’m much happier in, though I may make less money over all.
That will be the hard part, lifestyle adjustment. I know I will have to reduce spending on frivolous stuff but I shouldn’t require so many distractions if I’m doing something that makes me truly content. Plus i already have purchased enough to ride out life with (tobacco, bikes, clothes, outdoor gear, etc).

I can’t see doing another 25 years of this crap. I can see myself farming til I die. Good on you for having the courage to jump ship and pursue happiness.

King Bulldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
That will be the hard part, lifestyle adjustment. I know I will have to reduce spending on frivolous stuff but I shouldn’t require so many distractions if I’m doing something that makes me truly content. Plus i already have purchased enough to ride out life with (tobacco, bikes, clothes, outdoor gear, etc).

I can’t see doing another 25 years of this crap. I can see myself farming til I die. Good on you for having the courage to jump ship and pursue happiness.
Farming is hard. My parents in Ireland have a sheep farm and it's tough. Really tough keeping those Welshman from shipping over into the fields at night too 😂