PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Love to watch Mannix, too! I recorded several seasons on the DVR, and perfect for sitting back in the recliner while smoking a pipe. Occasionally I have seen someone on the show smoking a pipe, too. Mannix smoked cigarettes in the first few seasons, but I think he quit in real life about 1970 or so. Just an excellent show in so many ways with the late midcentury vibe in the first few seasons and then the ties get wider. Love the fact, too, that the Brady Bunch house is featured in several episodes. And then the Avengers. DIana Rigg. Enough said.
For you Mannix fans some interesting things, first thing i noticed about him was he was always getting his ass kicked, knocked out 55 times and shot 16 times in 5 seasons LOL

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
On the weekends I enjoy watching sports, for whatever season it is (i.e. football, baseball, hockey, basketball, etc.). During the week I usually watch old sitcoms/shows on Hulu or YouTube. If it's nice out, I'll sit outside and listen to music or read a book while enjoying the nice weather. Sometimes the wife will sit with me outside and we will just sit and talk. Usually once a week my buddy comes over to have a pipe or a cigar and just hang out for a few hours.

Cyxelsid

Starting to Get Obsessed
Wow, I am very surprised at the number of responses this post got. It has been a godsend, as I have spent the past two days in the hospital with my wofe. She has some kind of infection. They are getting it under control, but it has been a lot of long hours just sitting and waiting. Of course, I was in a hospital in California, so no pipes (or anything even remotely fun) allowed.

huckleberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2017
Kentucky
Wow, I am very surprised at the number of responses this post got. It has been a godsend, as I have spent the past two days in the hospital with my wofe. She has some kind of infection. They are getting it under control, but it has been a lot of long hours just sitting and waiting. Of course, I was in a hospital in California, so no pipes (or anything even remotely fun) allowed.
I mostly enjoy my pipe doing something that relaxes me like reading, listening to music, or watching my dogs play outside. Sometimes I do work on a project while smoking, but it usually will go out...

@Cyxelsid, I do hope Ms Cyxelsid is still improving and able to go home soon! I wish you both Well

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Sorry to hear about your wife. I hope, and wish, that she recovers very soon.

Reactions: Cyxelsid

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
When working from home, in my basement, I will smoke my pipe then.
Most of the time I just smoke to relax, usually while drinking coffee a beer, or a couple fingers of bourbon and surfing the internet.

Reactions: JOHN72 and Cyxelsid

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I actually Friday my Wife and I went and saw the new Agatha Christie Movie "A Haunting in Venice", and it was pretty good. Very entertaining.
Unaware, but I haven't followed movies in a long time; but my wife & I enjoy the author and the older creations of those stories.

Reactions: Cyxelsid