What is Your New Year's Pipe Resolution?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

huckleberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2017
Kentucky
I don't usually make resolutions, but I will make one this year that I hopefully will keep. I will try to be more active here on the forum, and hopefully be able to participate in the Secret Santa in 2022 if you have one.

I just finished reading all the posts from this year and regret not being more active in the forum. It was a Beautiful thing to read and it warmed this Old Geezers' heart. All who participated should be Congratulated

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Last January 4, I thought I should let my SmokingPipes VIP level drop from silver to bronze:

Well, this morning, almost one year later, I’ve done it! I now only replenish some blends when they’re on sale.

DCF3ADC0-8038-467E-9C98-D9F58FAF080F.jpeg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
If it is open, my hope (New Year's wishes here) is to visit the Peterson retail shop in Dublin and have a bowl or two in various spots Barry Fitzgerald would have done the same in the area where they filmed The Quiet Man. Still up in the air this frigid sub-zero morning but up early and working through the possibilities.

Ag®o

Lifer
Nov 14, 2021
Italy
Mine is similar to some, killing all the open jars and throwing out the mediocre tobacco, I'm not going to sacrifice my time with them, given the multitude of good stuff there is.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
One of my goals is to finish re doing my pipe collection. A few months or so ago I had smoked my first pipe from Jack Howell and I then decided I needed a crap load more . I so far have 12 of Jacks pipes with more in the que. I unloaded more than 60 pipes that were all good smokers, but they were not fantastic smokers. I am sure you guys know what I mean.

I have a lot of fantastic Rad Davis pipes a couple of Bruce Weavers and some singles from other artisans as well. I collect American artisan made pipes and Jack is right up there with Rad. Since Rad retired I have been looking high and low for someone who can make the classic shapes I love. By sheer luck I was told that Jack was carving again. I had always wanted one of his pipes but he hardly made them. His real job is as a clarinet player for the Pittsburg philharmonic orchestra. If it were not for covid I would have never gotten any of Jack's pipes.

I am down to my best 38 pipes and the only ones I will be adding are from Jack hopefully. I have a 15 count glass door cabinet that has Jack's name on it or some Rad's and maybe a special Bruce Weaver.

Tobacco wise I will keep looking for my special blend that I can only buy well aged and if the price is right I will buy them.

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
I hope to transition my cellar from mason jars to mylar bags for mid to long-term storage. This is going to create 100s of empty jars so that should be fun to deal with. I also want to bag and seal all of my square tins, I can't bear the thought of opening them just for ageing, so I'm going to bag them tin and all.