PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
instymp, they are all just classifications of different tobacco types.
Different leaves cured in different ways have different flavours, that's all.
If you don't particularly care which type they are, as long as you like them, then that's fine.
I personally find the differences between them pretty easy to pick out but I can see where others can have trouble.
Carter Hall, Prince Albert, Sugar Barrel, Sir Walter Raleigh, Velvet, Granger, and Half & Half are all cut from the same cloth. They are different types of burleys, which is a type of tobacco most famously found in Kentucky but it grows all over the world. These American blends usually have a bit of sweetener added but they are otherwise fairly plain tobaccos.
Wessex Burley Slices, Solani Aged Burley Flake, and a whole whack of C&D burleys such as Haunted Bookshop or Old Joe Krantz are just examples of burleys done a different way.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
"Don’t mind bigvan… I know him personally and consider him a friend. I can promise you he is not nearly the pipe and tobacco snob he appears to be… "
Yes I am! Shut up JC!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
"I won't make fun of how old and troll-like your wife looks. So don't make fun of my choice in tobacco."
-Spartan
Inferior ingredients? Don't talk about your wife that way. Not cool.
problem.jpg

luv ya bigvan. Don't change. Or we'll all be smoking Kevin's fav, the Borkum Riff. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.