PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Recommended to me by Forum member @Huntertrw the double live album by Phish called A Live One popped through my letterbox this morning.

Totally new to me, this was quite a revelation and though I've only played it the once, I'm sure it will be a regular.

The guitarist Trey Anastasio was almost certainly influenced by the great Carlos Santana, their styles being so similar.

1 phish.jpg
Regards,

Jay.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Recommended to me by Forum member @Huntertrw the double live album by Phish called A Live One popped through my letterbox this morning.

Totally new to me, this was quite a revelation and though I've only played it the once, I'm sure it will be a regular.

The guitarist Trey Anastasio was almost certainly influenced by the great Carlos Santana, their styles being so similar.

View attachment 237487
Regards,

Jay.
If you find Phish too "jammy" you might want to give a listen to Widespread Panic, or Government Mule (early trio era)

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The Kix was my local hard rock band in the mid-70's, they had some hits on MTV in the early 80's, before Grundge took out all the rock acts. They had a revival of sorts about 10 years ago, and with members now getting close to 70 years of age. They are calling it quits in September at a shed in Baltimore (Merriwether). I was at this concert back in 1983, but don't remember too much....

Status
Not open for further replies.