PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
I want to buy a rotary to buff, and rusticate. The plan is to buy very cheap beat up briar estate pipes and fix them, then customize them to my own liking.

Question is; for what I'm doing, what speed rotary should I buy? Is 1200 rpms too little or is 35000 too much? Thanks

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
You need one capable of very low RPM to do pipe work. This is the one I have, it works great.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
You need one capable of very low RPM to do pipe work. This is the one I have, it works great.

If I get that one I gotta figure out an outlet for where im working. Is there a cordless way I can do this?

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I think the LX motor maxes out at 5,000 rpm. It’s a high torque, low speed motor. Most of the time I’m probably in the hundreds to low thousands depending on what I’m doing. The foot controller is very sensitive to my needs.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I have a very old Foredom that was my father’s. Might be WWII surplus. I can still get all the parts for it. Try that with chinese Vevor crap.
While I agree with the sentiment, the facts aren’t quite in alignment. I’m all for quality tools, but unless you’re going to making your living with a rotary tool the vevor works just fine. Also Foredom parts fit the Vevor, they are pretty much 100% interchangeable. I’ve ported and polished several motorcycle heads with my Vevor not to mention all the pipe stems I’ve cut with it and it has never failed me once. And at one fifth the cost of a Foredom I’m ok with it.

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Try that with chinese Vevor crap.

Indeed.

While the Chinese can definitely make excellent stuff when they want to, the problem when it comes to consumer goods is that's never.

Everything I've ever seen when it comes to Chinese tools is absolute and complete total shit garbage crap trash junk.

Not partial total shit garbage crap trash junk, but complete total shit garbage crap trash junk.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Indeed.

While the Chinese can definitely make excellent stuff when they want to, the problem when it comes to consumer goods is that's never.

Everything I've ever seen when it comes to Chinese tools is absolute and complete total shit garbage crap trash junk.

Not partial total shit garbage crap trash junk, but complete total shit garbage crap trash junk.
If it’s not immediately obvious what’s wrong with it, why exactly it’s complete total shit garbage crap trash junk, it soon will be.

Taiwan, on the other hand, produces some excellent stuff. Almost all of my impact sockets, punches, hex and torx drivers, etc are made in Taiwan. I’ve yet to damage any, despite my best efforts, as I restore a Takeuchi compact track loader.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
While I agree with the sentiment, the facts aren’t quite in alignment. I’m all for quality tools, but unless you’re going to making your living with a rotary tool the vevor works just fine. Also Foredom parts fit the Vevor, they are pretty much 100% interchangeable. I’ve ported and polished several motorcycle heads with my Vevor not to mention all the pipe stems I’ve cut with it and it has never failed me once. And at one fifth the cost of a Foredom I’m ok with it.
I’m not ok with supporting the Chinese government, their genocide, their oppression and their military aggression against Taiwan, the US and almost all of their neighbors. I don’t support them undercutting US businesses with knock off copies. I could go on. Whenever possible, I don’t buy Chinese. Sometimes, I have no choice.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
Maybe, maybe not. A quality built, dependable tool that is comfortable to use, is the only way to go if you want to enjoy doing the "work." Crap tools make what should be enjoyable, toil ... frustrating toil.
True, if it's uncomfortable I'll send it back and upgrade. Not sure until I get it, I've never used a style like these before.