PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deyro

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2011
Ok, as you can see below I have one of those vaguely creepy double headed pipes. I picked the stem up in a bag full of stuff at an estates sale and found the bowl a couple months later at a local antiques store. I only bought it because I had not ral use for the stem and felt bad that the people seling it thought it was a whiskey pour spout. Does anyone have any info on them? Are they italian, german, polish? I'm assuming they were some sort of souvenir pipe.

Does anyone out there actually collect them?
I'd kind of like to get rid of it, but based on what I've seen on ebay, I may have to pay someone to take it.
dey_2626_1-600x398.jpg

If anyone knows anything about them please let me know. Should I fail to ever find a rube willing to take it off my hands, I'd at least like to know what I've wound up with.

Thanks

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
It looks like something one would find in a Voodoo ritual. Just as a precaution, be nice to it, sit it on your kitchen table, pour it a shot of whiskey, and hope it finds a new home soon.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
By reuniting the bowl with the stem you have become its permanent caretaker. I'd advise to smoke it only on full moons.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
You need to put it on your bedside table, facing you. Will guarantee a nice and relaxing sleep!
Also put a life-sized clown doll at the foot of your bed and wait for a thunderstorm. :lol:

ulrich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
I nearly bought one very similar to that that someone was selling on craigslist. I was a little worried that I'd end up in something of a Amity Horror situation haha.

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
You need to put it on your bedside table, facing you. Will guarantee a nice and relaxing sleep!
Also put a life-sized clown doll at the foot of your bed and wait for a thunderstorm. [:lol:]
If you follow this bit of advice, I would advise barricading the closet door or, at the very least, have the phone number of a feisty clairvoyant dwarf woman close at hand.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
:rofl:
Looks like I just came across it's sibling. Yours has a "red hat" the one out there has a "green hat". Perhaps you should buy it for grins and have a pair ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-HEADED-VINTAGE-ITALIAN-HAND-CARVED-WOOD-ESTATE-PIPE-/270916455024?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f13e10a70#ht_500wt_1347
PS: They claim it's italian.

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
German, Bavarian, Austrian comical souvenir pipe is what it is. The head/s is/are from some old folklore, but I forgot what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.