PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
I did basicat Benning in 1989, we had 2 guys with the last name Miller in our bay, one black one white, Drills started calling them Miller Dark and Miller Lite, i can only imagine the stupid shit storm that would cause today but even the millers went with it. ?

in my unit there were two Millers, one big and the other thin as a rail. The latter we called Miller Lite.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Back in the early 90’s I worked at a White Castle on the black side of town I was one of 3 whites on a 25 person crew.
Because it was the 90’s a chain wallet was part of my fit and though I got Chippewa in me it don’t show cept the cheekbones and inability to grow facial hair the Irish in me makes me white as a sheet till I drink and turn blood red. Anyway I was the only white guy on the night crew and I had this loud rattling chain wallet so I got the nickname GHOS , not even ghost just GHOS, I got introduced to new employees that way we had some great times. One night the power went out and they sent me outside to check out the rest of the block to see how bad it was , theory was because I was white the cops wouldn’t shoot me. We had some good times I was GHOS for a long while after that in the punk scene. Then I moved to the west coast and my name Davis got switched to Davos the finally just Vos and that’s what they call me now.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Always Krischan, Northern German variation of Christian.
It also was my name in local forums until I switched to Hank, taken from Charles Bukowski's alter ego.
Short, easy and I was into Bukowski so it seemed good.

Chaukisch is completely new, it comes from the Chauci (Chauken in German):
Chauci - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chauci
Basically means "being chaukisch" like "being swedish".

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
In my family you’re pretty much assigned at least one nickname at birth….. I’ve had plenty over the years but a few have stuck since I was just a little thing.
To my Parents and Grandparents I’m Boom Boom or Boomer

To my Aunts and Uncles I’m:
Boomer
Booner
Dan’l Boone

To my Uncle Terry in particular I’m known as Hammerhead.

To my cousins I’m:
Satchmo
Farquad
Or any number of made up on the spot names.

To my close friends I’m :
Ole Dan
The Rigger
Farquad

Reactions: JOHN72

Amarkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2022
Northeast MI
As a young kid my aunt would call me deuce. Later it turned into my last name, Markey. Most everyone who knows me still just call me that.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
I never had a nickname growing up but since retiring and becoming a grandparentx2 it now seems to be Pop Pop.

• Haha