PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

D.T.

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2021
Arkansas
I haven't abandoned y'all . Just spending all my time trying to replace my stolen pipes my first was a F&T . Bought at a brick and mortar in England years ago. I have replaced 4 of my 673s need 2 more to have all my 673s again. Also bought 4 new Peterson's 2 st Patrick's day 05s and 2new 03s from 2020 thankfully my F&T wasn't amoung the stolen pipes still have a long way to go.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Mine was a Viking my brother bought me as I didn't like cigars and he was an avid cigar smoker. He recommended a pipe and took me to the local tobacconist and I got a pipe and some Sutliffe aromatic. It took me a while to get into the hobby with that pipe.
Consider yourself lucky. Most wouldbe pipe smokers get bad advice and quit in a few days. puffy

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
My very first pipe I made from clay with a bamboo stem when I was 11yo. [Didn't know about pipe cleaners so that didn't last long]
At 15yo I somehow convinced my ultra-religious parents to allow me to smoke a pipe so I bought a Falcon.
Although I enjoyed pipes, I just didn't have enough pockets to carry a pipe, a tin, a pipe tool and cleaners [No, man bags are too effeminate for my liking]
At 30yo my then wife bought me a Peterson Sherlock Holmes full bent Rhodesian.
Like an idiot I bought a cherry blend so that did not work out so well [Tongue bite and where's the f#@%&g nicotine???]
Then at 50yo I took that Peterson from the cupboard, lit her up and haven't looked back.
Now I've around 30 pipes in regular rotation and around 50 sitting in a box.

Last edited:
Reactions: HRPufnstuf

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I’m intrigued by these references to your homemade cobs. So, shoot me a PM and tell me how much for SHA Original, if you still have any interest in making them. I can even wait until harvest time to get it fresh if you have access to a cornfield.
IIRC, Missouri Meerschaum Co. dries cobs for 2-3 years.

An impatient mate attempted to drill a cob that he'd dried for a month or so, despite my suggestion to dry it for at least a year, and that didn't turn out so good.

z-evil laugh - austin powers alter ego.jpg