What Was Your Most Recent Tobacco Order?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Ashton Pipes
11 Fresh IMP Meerschaum Pipes
23 Fresh Ropp Pipes
18 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
2 Fresh Ken Dederichs Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

minerLuke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2023
Vancouver BC
My last order was 500gr Rattray's Marlin Flake bulk and 2x50gr Gawith Kendall Black Cherry to try. I have and love their American Black Cherry so I'm interested in what difference is with the Kendall Cherry.

Order before that was 500gr each of Gawith Dark Plug and Rum Flake and 1 lb of Newminster 400.

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
Curly Block is in the mix for favorite VaPer
How do you like to prep that stuff? Seems intimidating to someone like me who's only ever really bought ready-rubbed. Haha.
Last two orders were off of P&C. Peterson sale in October, and one of their "flash sales" for Black Friday/Cyborg Cyber Monday. Picked up, amongst other things, a few tins of Flake, Deluxe Navy Rolls, and Sherlock Holmes on the first one, and a pound each of Sutliff 507-C VA Slices and PS LNF on the second one. I'd have to reexamine my posts in the Recent TAD pickups thread to recall the full purchase list, which I'm too lazy to do at the moment--I've got to get outside and do some cleanup work post-rainstorm!

February is a good time for online tobacco/pipe orders, as most e-tailers have IPSD sales going on and around the 20th. So in that sense, a February birthday is quite fortuitous. 🥳
Nice! I completely forgot about IPSD. I don't think I've ever actually bought something during that sale, now that I think about it. I guess I like my birthday a little more now! The 507-C Slices sound good, I think I'll grab some of those.
Mac Baren Royal Twist is excellent and made in somewhat limited quantity.

‘23 Cringle Flake is the best Cringle Flake.

Cornell and Diehl 2023 Anthology might be a winner.

As always Watch City Cigar 558 flake and Old Dominion are sublime.

LJ Peretti #8 slices is a great tangy/spicy VAPer.

Ken Byron Ventures has too many amazing blends to list here.

Wilke is excellent if you like English blends. #524 and High Hat are incredible for the leathery, smoky thing and #191 and Pipemaker’s Choice are excellent crossovers.
I keep hearing about this Cringle Flake, I'll have to grab some of that to see what all the hubbub is about. Never heard of Ken Byron Ventures, but I'll give those a try.
Pouches of Mixture #79, Half&Half, and SWR Regular, from WV Smokeshop. A trip down memory lane. Think I'll go for a tub of #79 next. I like it. Always did, from age 16.
Ah, true classics! I'm all stocked up on Half & Half, but still need to try Mixture #79. I'll throw a pouch of that in.
Several pounds of C&D Exclusive (8 or 10) and 3 lbs of Bayou Morning.

All going into Mylar.

I prefer 3-4 years on them at least.
I guess I'll have to try the Exclusive if it's good enough to order 8+ pounds! Haha.
500 gram package of Gawith Dark Birdseye.View attachment 272959
Never heard of it! I'll give it a try.
Tins of C&D Briar Fox, Redburn, and Crooner, Ashton Consummate Gentleman, Dan Hamborger Veermaster, and a few of the Robert McConnell Dunhill clones. A pouch of Velvet, and some bulk single ounces - C&D Poplar Camp, Pegasus, Red Odessa, and all of the Old Joe Krantz blends. I also picked up a Missouri Meerschaum Ozark hardwood, which is now my designated "beater" pipe since my last beater cob was laid to rest.
I didn't know there were other Dunhill clones besides Peterson! Definitely adding a few of those to the order. Some of those others for sure, as well. I want to grab a few more Missouri Meerschaums to keep in the garage/truck and maybe have an unused one on hand for a friend should one ever be interested. The Ozark looks nice.

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
How do you like to prep that stuff? Seems intimidating to someone like me who's only ever really bought ready-rubbed. Haha.

Nice! I completely forgot about IPSD. I don't think I've ever actually bought something during that sale, now that I think about it. I guess I like my birthday a little more now! The 507-C Slices sound good, I think I'll grab some of those.

I keep hearing about this Cringle Flake, I'll have to grab some of that to see what all the hubbub is about. Never heard of Ken Byron Ventures, but I'll give those a try.

Ah, true classics! I'm all stocked up on Half & Half, but still need to try Mixture #79. I'll throw a pouch of that in.

I guess I'll have to try the Exclusive if it's good enough to order 8+ pounds! Haha.

Never heard of it! I'll give it a try.

I didn't know there were other Dunhill clones besides Peterson! Definitely adding a few of those to the order. Some of those others for sure, as well. I want to grab a few more Missouri Meerschaums to keep in the garage/truck and maybe have an unused one on hand for a friend should one ever be interested. The Ozark looks nice.
Plugs or twists aren't difficult to prepare at all. Just take a knife and cut it into slices of your choosing. It's quite nice since you can make the thickness of the tobacco into whatever you want: shag, broken flakes or coins.

Reactions: spearheadbill
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
If you're interested, here's a link to @JimInks's reviews of the McConnell clones. Be advised that a bunch of them had to change their names later, since they were too close to the Dunhill originals: Jim's McConnell's Dunhill Clones Reviews. :: Pipe Tobacco Reviews - https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/jims-mcconnells-dunhill-clones-reviews.66699/

Reactions: JimInks
Status
Not open for further replies.