PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
Hi guys, I'm sure most of you have more than 2 pipes here. I'm curious, do you guys ever had this situation where you are indecisive of choosing which pipe you wanna smoke today?
Sometimes, I have ?. Just only, I was in the middle of "hmmm.... which one I wanna start with today? ?" I wanted to smoke my meer, but thinking, I just had it more than 2 rounds yesterday, maybe change. Maybe cob? But my favorite cob bowl is big, I don't wanna smoke for 1 hour plus. Maybe mini briar pipe? My mini briar is just nice for 30 mins, but maybe because it's too small, it seems the ember dies off towards the end.
So, in the end, I just filled half of my favorite cob and started with it ?

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
Current victim.
20220204_155125.jpg
The Octopus pipe stand is beautiful! ? ? ?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I just go with the one that appeals to me in the moment. Life just isn’t leaving me with any surplus brain power or energy to dwell on such things currently.

Some days I have a particular tobacco in mind and look forward to it but mostly I grab a pipe and fill it with whatever blend appeals in that moment and … smoke it.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Hardly ever. Most of my briars rarely make it to the garage cabinet. I presently have three MM Country Gents, a Peterson Aran Billiard and an unknown Black Sandblast with a generous chamber across from me.
D435146F-8E5E-4123-B829-8A68045F3220.jpeg
But more often than not, it’s one of the cobs I’ll reach for. It’s no myth. My tobacco tastes better in the cobs and with fewer relights. So, I have to be in a mood to load up the briars. Any of my briars.

It’s no fashion show here. No one to impress. I just want to relax.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Over time, I've drifted into setting out two or three pipes the night before, when I'm calm and have time to reflect on which pipes are due in the rotation and which I'd like to smoke. This takes all of the heat off and gives me some distance, and I don't have to think about it much when I'm ready to smoke. At that point, I just grab one of the two or three and pack it without much thought.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
It's a process of elimination. First, what blend I'm gonna smoke. What would work nicely with the blend. Which pipe I haven't smoke recently. Used to have a rotation, but haven't really smoked that much this winter. Probably will start the rotation again. With rotation, process is little easier. Unless I really want to smoke a certain pipe, or there's a new pipe that came in.

Each pipe is assigned a number and a corresponding letter, which stands for the blend genre it's dedicated to. Then I click the random number generator on my iPhone and the corresponding letter to get a pipe to go with whatever genre of tobacco I want to smoke.
Actually, I don't. I just match the pipe with my outfit for the day. puffy