PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Lucashly

Can't Leave
Jun 21, 2023
California
The owner of a pipe shop in Carmel, CA. sold me a pipe and tobacco and said enjoy. In frustration I quit from some 15 years. Then I found my pipe and went on Youtube. That helped. Then I got on a Forum and then your Forum and after 2 years I now have a good smoke. People who cannot teach or teach well can drive you away.

dublinpiper90

Can't Leave
Jul 31, 2023
North Carolina
I read, watched you tube, read some more started out with a knock off sitter remembering getting the bowl extremely over heated with a off-brand vanilla blend and using a old masonry nail as my first tamp. Here it is 10 years later and I still seek advice and ask questions, each blend and pipe has its on way. However I just recently obtained one of my grandads pipes that I remember walking around with when I was around 4 years of age. The taste of the stale tobacco being drawed through it takes me back to days of my childhood and the smell of a wood stove burning. So I guess it really escalated from there for me.

Reactions: JOHN72 and PaulRVA

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
An old man I used to rabbit hunt with as a teen in the cane fields of south Louisiana. The pipe was a Ben Wade Danish Pride and the tobacco was something english from a B&M
Which I would change up with SWRA or Borkum Riff from time to time.
I love the smell of SWRA and shoutgun shell smoke in the air.
He was an ardent match expert and one was all he would use compared to my half a box. I still have that pipe too.C6A27E2A-7B74-46D1-B32D-A8F3BA40CFDD.jpeg