PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
The journey of trying a bunch of stuff continues. And my TAD fever hasn’t been cured yet. Looking at a Wilke sampler of 4 blends. Too many to choose from that list. Wowzers. For Wilke aficionados out there, I’m all ears for suggestions. I’m locking in crystal palace but the other 3 are open season. Although I’ve eyed up no 72 and one of their rum offerings either rum cake or rum and maple.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The journey of trying a bunch of stuff continues. And my TAD fever hasn’t been cured yet. Looking at a Wilke sampler of 4 blends. Too many to choose from that list. Wowzers. For Wilke aficionados out there, I’m all ears for suggestions. I’m locking in crystal palace but the other 3 are open season. Although I’ve eyed up no 72 and one of their rum offerings either rum cake or rum and maple.
Crystal Palace, Rum and Maple, Lizzie Blood Virginia (it has a little perique), and No. 72, which was smoked by Walter Cronkite.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Then later . . . Lizzie Blood Red English, Peanut Butter and Chocolate and although getting No. 515 was inevitable because of the Basil Rathbone connection, I really like it! I started with some Wilke when I started my pipe journey based on reading some reviews of @jiminks and called John Brandt who was pretty helpful with suggestions, as he was when I called looking for some ideas at Xmas time for my Secret Santa "victim" and my father-in-law. Nice guy.

Oh yeah, also sold me one of my 4ABs!

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
I've found Wilke to be a bit high on the nicotine levels, particularly Black Cherry and Chocolate Flake. Proceed with caution, but they are all very good.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

JKoD

May 9, 2021
IN
Crystal Palace and PB&C. Rum & Maple is rather interesting also. Still navigating a few other blends from there and still deciding. All smoke fine - just personal preference in the end.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Crystal Palace and PB&C. Rum & Maple is rather interesting also. Still navigating a few other blends from there and still deciding. All smoke fine - just personal preference in the end.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate is a must. A great blend to smoke when you're dieting, too. That was how I came up with the idea for it. It curbs your hunger and is very tasty, too.

JKoD

May 9, 2021
IN
Peanut Butter and Chocolate is a must. A great blend to smoke when you're dieting, too. That was how I came up with the idea for it. It curbs your hunger and is very tasty, too.
And many thanks to you for the idea. It really is a great smoke. I enjoy a bowl a few times a week - and it really is a blend that can go at any time of the day.

So, when is Wilke going to do the Caramel and chocolate blend? Rolo’s and Cadbury need some loving too! I’d volunteer to be a taste tester ?

Sidehatch

Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
Thanks for help everyone. i think I’ll do a sampler plus another 2 oz of something. 4 just isn’t enough.

John Brandt

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2020
Fall River MA
And many thanks to you for the idea. It really is a great smoke. I enjoy a bowl a few times a week - and it really is a blend that can go at any time of the day.

So, when is Wilke going to do the Caramel and chocolate blend? Rolo’s and Cadbury need some loving too! I’d volunteer to be a taste tester ?
You might want to check out 71 ST Street Nougat and Chocolate.