4 Fresh Henri Sorensen Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dottlejockey

Starting to Get Obsessed
About 15 years ago now i found these cheap lighters on ebay and bought a 5 pack of them for something like $30. I sold 3 to friends at the cigar lounge whom i had converted into part-time pipe smokers and saved 2 for myself. Still smoking the first one and have the other as an eventual backup. Works like a charm. Only complaint is the small gas tank. haha

lighter.JPG

Wheels

Lurker
Mar 19, 2024
Orange county, California
I was in Walgreens and saw this BIC on sale and bought one. I love it. The extension keeps the flame away from my fingers.

image.png

ItsKarl

Lurker
May 3, 2024
Norway
I was in Walgreens and saw this BIC on sale and bought one. I love it. The extension keeps the flame away from my fingers.

image.png
That's what I use, too. Once I get experienced and reduce the number of relights, I would like to just use matches. For some reason, there's just something I like about the image of lighting a pipe with a match.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Don’t remember where and when but it was inexpensive and still ticking
View attachment 309179
Vertigo it looks like to me. I've gone through 1 after about 1 years use, and the piezoelectric ? component seems to have given out? Haven't taken it apart to see if I can fix. I've a 2nd one that is now getting close to the same in use-years and it's still holding on. I think I have 2 more in a box waiting for me.

I got them all for about $20 each. Like a Bic but the flame is more manageable to me, and the inclusion of the little tools, although small and not very strong, are perfect for daily use on most of my pipes.

I like to have both a liquid (Zippo) and a gas lighter (like this) on me to go back and forth. Somehow it seems that with different barometric pressures and humidity levels that sometimes one works slightly better than the other. And sometimes the relight takes better with one over the other in my experience. It makes no sense but that's my experience so I try to have both types.

LongIslandPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2022
Vertigo it looks like to me. I've gone through 1 after about 1 years use, and the piezoelectric ? component seems to have given out? Haven't taken it apart to see if I can fix. I've a 2nd one that is now getting close to the same in use-years and it's still holding on. I think I have 2 more in a box waiting for me.

I got them all for about $20 each. Like a Bic but the flame is more manageable to me, and the inclusion of the little tools, although small and not very strong, are perfect for daily use on most of my pipes.

I like to have both a liquid (Zippo) and a gas lighter (like this) on me to go back and forth. Somehow it seems that with different barometric pressures and humidity levels that sometimes one works slightly better than the other. And sometimes the relight takes better with one over the other in my experience. It makes no sense but that's my experience so I try to have both types.
I agree with having a back-up. Usually when I am indoors this is my go-to no fail backup……

Attachments

• IMG_3771.jpeg
    IMG_3771.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 7
  • FD6C2949-0BF7-4CE7-81A6-10CAED4C6085.jpeg
    FD6C2949-0BF7-4CE7-81A6-10CAED4C6085.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 5AE6C59A-5444-4F25-8E88-2CEC689EB0C4.jpeg
    5AE6C59A-5444-4F25-8E88-2CEC689EB0C4.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 7