Yo some Gawith guys I'm really happy for you and I'ma let you finish, but...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars
3 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
6 Fresh Estate Pipes
12 Fresh White Elephant Pipes
6 Fresh Ardor Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

visualmemory

Lurker
Sep 22, 2022
Ok, so here is "hot take" as some of youngers of preset day used to say. As none of you, gentlemen, may know lately I've been ghosting like crazy my pipes with some Lakelands. My frendship ended with Latakia and Perique and now some soap and eau de cologne scented tobacco is my best friend.

So I've got Kendal Cream which is mild tobacco with cologne scent and Lakeland Dark which is for my senses Brown Bogie lite just ready rubbed not twist and not very Lakeland. I've also scored St Bruno which is well known. I also like Gawith's rope/twist tobacco which is bold and stout.

So now what If you Gawith guys take some oily bold stouty creamy twist BUT...wait for it... take a spoonful or two of that herbal zesty cologne magic pixie dust unicorn rosy soapy essence AND... wait for it... add some to the rope tobacco. Just make it sure to ghost my hands through pouch like crazy! You could make it some hipster ironic name like Brown Bogie Soap or Bathbomb. You know just like hipster beers. On tobaccoreviews I see that there is supposed "aromatic" version of Black Bogie but it seems not be vere popular or maybe just not very available. I've never seen in tobacco shop any aromatic version of rope tobacco just regular stuff.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I mix brown bogie (or any rope which is close by) with a lot of my blends.

As for the aromatic twist. It’s topped with Turkish delight. It’s nice, but I prefer the coconut. That one almost reminds me of an erinmore rope.

I find that if you smoke 6 consecutive bowls of brown bogie in the same pipe, suddenly the residual factory aroma pops. Maybe has to do with your palette adjusting…or you have successfully killed off your more discerning taste buds.

Reactions: visualmemory

visualmemory

Lurker
Sep 22, 2022
Well I was thinking about some twist tobacco with added strong lakeland essence not twist aromatic per se. Or rather absence of said. I can shred some rope tobacco and add some Lakeland blend but that's not the point.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I honestly feel mixing pound bags of sliced black and brown twist, with a box of your favourite scented plug/flake/mixture will yield a better result than a twist coated in the sauce.

Have your tried the dark or brown flake scented (or aromatic)?

Also, if you got a big budget and really want a heavily sauced rope, contact GH directly. If you can buy enough to justify a run, I’m sure they will do it for you

visualmemory

Lurker
Sep 22, 2022
Well I'm not such a big guy to mailorder kilos of custom recipe tobacco from manufacturer :D even I think it's forbidden by law or very difficult.

What do you mean by "dark and brown flake". Firedance Flake is Best Brown Flake cased with some fruits aroma so if it counts then yes.

I'm not talking about scented or aros. I'm talking specifically about Lakeland scented, like Condor, St Bruno, Ennerdale, Kendal Cream... - citrus zest, cologne, flowers, rose, cedar, herbs. Or soap as some say it.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Well I'm not such a big guy to mailorder kilos of custom recipe tobacco from manufacturer :D even I think it's forbidden by law or very difficult.

What do you mean by "dark and brown flake". Firedance Flake is Best Brown Flake cased with some fruits aroma so if it counts then yes.

I'm not talking about scented or aros. I'm talking specifically about Lakeland scented, like Condor, St Bruno, Ennerdale, Kendal Cream... - citrus zest, cologne, flowers, rose, cedar, herbs. Or soap as some say it.
Brown flake scented and dark flake scented are blends produced by GH. As far as a “generic” Lakeland’s sauce goes, for me they spot on.

visualmemory

Lurker
Sep 22, 2022
I did. Maybe I'm not very sensitive to nicotine or maybe that because I'm smoking like 3 times a week usually, sometimes to 2 bowls a day and maybe nicotine breaks out different that way. I remember it to be very oily in taste (and left oily black residue in whole pipe) when fresh and sweet after aged a little. I wouldn't say that's everyday tobacco but I didn't find it knocking off my feet. But I was smoking it in small pot.
But to the point. I've got fresh pouch of Kendal Cream and some obvious lakeland topping is here. Just not VERY strong.

I'm not seeking "strong" tobbaco for being strong. I just found that I like taste of stoved Virginia or Kentucky Leaf for being bold and quite dry and to get some of that taste plus a good dash of Lakeland sauce would be good.

visualmemory

Lurker
Sep 22, 2022
Brown flake scented and dark flake scented are blends produced by GH. As far as a “generic” Lakeland’s sauce goes, for me they spot on.
Ahhhh...obviously. Unfortunatelly I can't find them in smoke shop where I live and ordering them abroad is prohibited.