PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I get mine at mrsnuff.com

Be careful with Mr Snuff - I had an order go missing where the tracking just stopped mid-voyage and USPS couldn't find the package. I contacted Mr Snuff several times over the course of a couple weeks about their delivery guarantee and got no response. I sent a final email telling them I was filing for a chargeback on my credit card due to no communication and I had a response within an hour where they begrudgingly offered to reship. They even tried to throw guilt by saying it costs them money to track a lost package and reship and I should be happy for the packages that DID make the complete journey. I merely quoted their own guarantee ver batim and decided to only order from Toque/Artisan Snuff from then on.

Toque/Artisan Snuff is cheaper, anyway, and customer service is second to none.

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
Be careful with Mr Snuff - I had an order go missing where the tracking just stopped mid-voyage and USPS couldn't find the package. I contacted Mr Snuff several times over the course of a couple weeks about their delivery guarantee and got no response. I sent a final email telling them I was filing for a chargeback on my credit card due to no communication and I had a response within an hour where they begrudgingly offered to reship. They even tried to throw guilt by saying it costs them money to track a lost package and reship and I should be happy for the packages that DID make the complete journey. I merely quoted their own guarantee ver batim and decided to only order from Toque/Artisan Snuff from then on.

Toque/Artisan Snuff is cheaper, anyway, and customer service is second to none.
Thanks for the heads up.
I've never had an issue but its.good to know. I'll check into Torque.

WhiteCrown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2023
Pac NW, USA
Flash in the pan, you mean like some fad? You realize it’s been around for hundreds of years right?
LOL not exactly, and yes. Perhaps it is because I shoot flintlocks (where the phrase comes from) that causes me to use the phrase beyond the tiny modern scope of application it has developed. A "flash in the pan" is a "brief or disappointing success". While this applies to fads, it also applies to many other things.

Just like a pan of FFFFG gunpowder lights off quickly with a spark, and you have to recharge it to give it another go, nasal snuff also begins and ends fairly quickly for me, and must be recharged for another go. Oral snus and tobacco are more long lasting and doesn't "flash in the pan" so quickly and dissipate.

Of course its always better when the gun goes boom.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
LOL not exactly, and yes. Perhaps it is because I shoot flintlocks (where the phrase comes from) that causes me to use the phrase beyond the tiny modern scope of application it has developed. A "flash in the pan" is a "brief or disappointing success". While this applies to fads, it also applies to many other things.

Just like a pan of FFFFG gunpowder lights off quickly with a spark, and you have to recharge it to give it another go, nasal snuff also begins and ends fairly quickly for me, and must be recharged for another go. Oral snus and tobacco are more long lasting and doesn't "flash in the pan" so quickly and dissipate.

Of course it’s always better when the gun goes boom.
🤦‍♂️

Sorry i asked.

• Haha
Reactions: pantsBoots

PipeWI

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2023
Somerset WI
I'm glad you did. Some of these phrases have been around hundreds of years, just like snuff, but most people have no idea why we say them. We do know why we do snuff though... quick nicotine hit :) Too quick imo.
Because I just resupplied on my trip to the UK, I've been taking a hit with my morning pipe. It's a great nicotine amplifier, but agree that generally it's a bit too quick.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Bummer about the problem with Mr. Snuff noted above. I’ve ordered from them 3 or 4 times over the last 7 years without problems.

At this point I have a lifetime supply so my problems will lie on the consumption end.

If you’ve not tried nasal snuff I recommend trying some. Sooo many very different and enjoyable snuffs out there.

PipeWI

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2023
Somerset WI
I get mine at mrsnuff.com
Do you know if they ship.to the US? They appear to be a UK-based company and I want to know if I'll have to deal with customs etc. I asked via their customer support email but got no answer which doesn't inspire confidence...

Reactions: Ebarber

seaweed

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2023
Maine
I’ve snuffed quite a bit, and I’m always surprised to hear people snuffing in public, at work, etc. I get a crazy drippy nose with a fair bit of snot. Is that not happening for you all? I wouldn’t want to handle that in public.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I’ve snuffed quite a bit, and I’m always surprised to hear people snuffing in public, at work, etc. I get a crazy drippy nose with a fair bit of snot. Is that not happening for you all? I wouldn’t want to handle that in public.
This is what prevents me from even trying. The nicotine pouches provide a punch when needed without a brown snot face.

shrocks

Lurker
Sep 3, 2023
I only get drippy with schmalzlers, but English style in the front of nose hasn't affected me that way...

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
Do you know if they ship.to the US? They appear to be a UK-based company and I want to know if I'll have to deal with customs etc. I asked via their customer support email but got no answer which doesn't inspire confidence...
Yes what he said. No issues ever and the shipping has always been fast. I've also ordered from Toque once with no issues.

Reactions: PipeWI and shrocks

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
You just have to go easy and ease into it. Some are worse than others especially the first snuff of the day. After the first few snuffs in the morning I can usually take some pretty good amounts with out issues.
I use a lot of Jip and Sturco.
Those are pretty easy snuffs to take in my experience.
It's very discreet. I usually do the snuff all day and pipe in the evening.

Reactions: shrocks