PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Something just occurred to me while perusing one of my favorite websites, SmokingPipes.com: I am no longer a VIP Bronze member.

I had achieved this status based on how much I had ordered since getting an account with them over 5 years ago.

At least, that's how I thought it was supposed to work. Worth noting, however, that my spending was way down with them this last year, but I still bought plenty.

Looking at my emails from them, my first order as a VIP Bronze Member was Sept 2021. But I don't know when and why I became a Bronze Member. I just know that I ain't anymore.

Does anyone know what's going with that?

• Sad
Reactions: Doctor Chopper

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I sent an email to SP.
Here's their response.

Hello,
Thank you for reaching out to us. Much like frequent flyer miles, we reward customers with VIP points for amounts that spent that year. Currently the threshold for Silver VIP is $1500 spent within a calendar year. If you spent that required $1500 within this year, you would remain a silver member next year. If not you would still be rewarded with a bronze membership for the following year.

Thank you for being a loyal customer to us. I hope this information helps. If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best,
(removed reps name)
Customer Service
Smokingpipes.com

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I had no idea, either.

I just logged in to check and mine is gone, too. I did notice one that said I’d bought over 100 of the same tobacco. I’m terrified to know what unit of measurement that particular badge uses.

Reactions: Mortamyhr

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Does anyone know what's going with that?
It's based on annual purchases. It's not a once you're there you stay there sort of thing, each year your account is reviewed for annual spending. If it exceeds a set amount, you get placed in bronze, silver, or gold depending on purchases made that year. If not, you lose the medal.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
It's based on annual purchases. It's not a once you're there you stay there sort of thing, each year your account is reviewed for annual spending. If it exceeds a set amount, you get placed in bronze, silver, or gold depending on purchases made that year. If not, you lose the medal.
You need to spend $1500 to achieve silver status. I wonder what the amount is to achieve gold. $2500 perhaps?