PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Actually not really. If I just wait for the semi-annual sitewide sales, I can get 15% off any pipe instead of just 5% off a select few brands.
I've been bronze a couple of years and with that it would be 5% off any pipe, which is nice. As for needing to spend x amount annually to retain it, all I can say is I only bought 1 pipe last year and it was substantially less than $200. Bought 1 pipe this year with no plans to buy more. So, will see if I still have it next year. As it only gives discounts on pipe purchases-along with free shipping-won't miss it much if I lose it as I imagine I'll buy few pipes in the future. Sufficiently stocked with pipes now.

Reactions: Briar Tuck

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I think I was bronze for a while, pretty sure it was a meaningless label, as I can't recall ever getting a "deal" or another perk from them. Last year I got a Christmas card from them, I thought that was no longer a thing, ended up in the trash. I do have nine other meaningless labels, not sure why they bother. I'll continue to purchase from them when the need arises as they are exceptional at delivering the goods, not to accumulate yet another label.

Piping Abe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2021
Georgia, USA
If I remember correctly there isn’t a set amount for Gold status. Its based on how much you purchase and how often you purchase. I’m sure it’s a pretty high amount. I think they consider it a case by case basis.

Reactions: Briar Tuck

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
I'm currently Bronze, but aside from boosting one's ego I really don't see any tangible benefit from having these status levels bestowed upon you. It would be worthwhile if you received some type of additional discount or maybe an occasional special offer. Not complaining, just don't see why it matters what status-level they call you...

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I'm currently Bronze, but aside from boosting one's ego I really don't see any tangible benefit from having these status levels bestowed upon you. It would be worthwhile if you received some type of additional discount or maybe an occasional special offer. Not complaining, just don't see why it matters what status-level they call you...
My silver status gets me 10% off pipes. It's not much, but it's better than 0% off.

This will be my last year at silver, because I won't be spending $1500 this year.

When I was bronze, I was getting 5% off pipes.

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
My silver status gets me 10% off pipes. It's not much, but it's better than 0% off.

This will be my last year at silver, because I won't be spending $1500 this year.

When I was bronze, I was getting 5% off pipes.
That's good to know. I wasn't aware that Bronze members received anything off of pipes. Need to go buy something! :)

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I think you also get free economy shipping at one of the levels IIRC? However, as nice as that seems, living in Alaska made it such that several of my orders didn’t show up for over a month.

They were quick to work with me on getting that sorted.

And, FWIW, I love SP. This is in no way meant to defame them. I still buy from them to this day. I think the badges are a fun way to look back on the past and I kinda like that they keep them secret. It just adds another layer of fun to the process, meaningless as it seems.

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
I think you also get free economy shipping at one of the levels IIRC? However, as nice as that seems, living in Alaska made it such that several of my orders didn’t show up for over a month.

They were quick to work with me on getting that sorted.

And, FWIW, I love SP. This is in no way meant to defame them. I still buy from them to this day. I think the badges are a fun way to look back on the past and I kinda like that they keep them secret. It just adds another layer of fun to the process, meaningless as it seems.
Agree that SP is a pleasure to deal with -- great customer service!