PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2024
Indiana
Te

I tried it this morning, and was quite pleasd with it. I did however try it fresh from the tin and I hear it gets better after a few weeks in a mason jar. I found it quite tasteful, very savory. Next month I’ll tey 965 as well
Great! It is better with some age.

Reactions: BriaRanger

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
When I started I knew nothing. I read about flaked tobacco here and how beginners had a tough time with it.
I had to try. Glad I did. You can process or rub out, cube cut, or just fold and stuff a roughed up flake or two. You'll find yourself relighting more often than with ribbons and chunks. Just remember that as the tobacco heats up it expands in your bowl and as you smoke it, the contents will change its density.
A goldilocks pack of the bowl, no matter what tobacco you're smoking, is a skill requiring practice and patience.
Maybe someday, I'll be able to do it.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Please put your location in your Profile!
Why: It will save time for others when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc.
How: Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.

BriaRanger

Lurker
Apr 30, 2024
Johannesburg, South Africa
Please put your location in your Profile!
Why: It will save time for others when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc.
How: Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.
Done, thank you

BriaRanger

Lurker
Apr 30, 2024
Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you for all the welcomings and advice! Since the post I have tried both EMP and MM965. Straight out of the tin I slightly prefer EMP and picked up more flavors. I will however age them both and give it another go. Maybe I will taste more in 965 after jaring it for a few weeks. 965 was good, but I just can’t taste that much whereas with EMP I definitely picked up a lot and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.