PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I am listening to Reno & Smiley performing on their "Last Time Together" CD. They have a number of good tune including "Sweetheart, You Done Me Wrong".

"Well, now Sweetheart
You done me wrong
You have left me all alone
Maybe there will come a time Sweetheart
When you will change your mind"

4/5

Reno And Smiley – Last Time Together (1973, Vinyl) - Discogs

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
I know this is a pipe smoker's forum, but.... In browsing this thread it is apparent to me that many of us are music lovers. I not only like music, but I love "good sound". In other words, high quality reproduction. I could write a book about how to improve your stereo system, but this is not the place, so I'll keep it brief.

There is a lot a talk about speakers. Yes, they are critical to a system but most people don't know how to judge them. Many people think a "good" speaker is one the will boom the base so it shakes the house and that's it. However a really "good" speaker is one that reproduces the sound of music the most accurately. There a no such thing as the prefect speaker.

I've been an audiophile for over 50 years and I'll give you a tip for what it's worth. If you are in the market for new speakers that will give you a realistic, accurate and musical sound, you should consider Magnepan. I've owned several pair since the 70s and think they're wonderful. They are not "head bangers", just overall great. They offer a price range for any budget and are a bargain compared to other speakers of the same price. One thing... they love power so don't be stingy with the amp. I would love to hear what any of you think if you try them. puffy

920mag.promo_.jpg

Last edited: