PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingInTheWind

Might Stick Around
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
Dang I really like the shape of that pipe. Where'd you get it from?

I ordered it from meerschaummarket.com. I think it is their house brand. They sell pipes from different carvers as well. Check out the links below. I surfed through the many pages of classical shaped pipes and this one caught my eye. The bottom link is for my pipe.

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Lane 1-Q in the Peterson Pub pipe 9mm with a pinch of Newminster 400 on top for a nic hit. I discovered something about the pub pipe today ... I got halfway through and thought the pipe had gone out as I could get no smoke despite repeated drawing. I dumped the ash preparing to relight, took a puff and voila ! it was fully lit but the ash prevented it from functioning properly. When I ran into a store later it did go out and I dumped more ash and held the lighter above the bowl ... one puff and it was fully lit again. This pipe continues to surprise and amaze me. I've never enjoyed the functional aspect of a pipe this much before. It is forcing me to learn how to smoke it which is different from my other pipes.

View attachment 306353
Had the same experiences with mine but golly they smoke well.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed some low calorie snacking, and am near the first third of this bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 1980 smooth walnut finish quarter bend Peterson 505 Rhodesian silver spigot military mount with a black vulcanite saddle stem fishtail bit. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_505_Rhodesian_SSpigot.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
The first bowl was a short 35min smoke in the small clay

Having a second bowl of the same 50:50 shag cut blend of C&D red Virginia and Tilbury

In the Jorn Micke designed Royal Copenhagen porcelain
Again a diminutive chamber because of the double-walled construction

This is a noticeably neutral tasting smoke than the preceding one in the clay
IMG_4067.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Watch City SEPC McClouxgaroux 2023 in a 1920s-30s Grant’s Pipe Shop Corinthian Deluxe 409 (made by Comoy’s) smooth brown medium bend bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. I may end the day with this smoke, unless Sam the Scamp requires attention. I fed all the ferals at least twice except for Harry the Hairy, unless he came by when I wasn't looking.
Grant’s_Pipe_Shop_CorinthianDeluxe_bulldog409.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.