PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Good morning. Smoking a Classic Tuscan. Rainy and cold day. Last day here in the north of Spain. Tomorrow night, I'll be back home in the south. Two very entertaining months, I've barely been able to smoke and relax. I wish you a happy weekend. May God bless you.

John did you tell us before why you were in the North? if so I missed it.

Sorry to hear you’ve not able to relax. :(

Be well! 🤙 ❤️

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Got a surprise in the mail today. My first meerschaum. Was scheduled to arrive Monday. Just finished a bowl of Tabac Manil Le Petit Robin. I’m pleased with the pipe so far.

View attachment 306297
Maybe it's just me, but I find that even meerschaums need a break in period. They have a little bit of a funky taste until I smoke about a dozen bowls through one. Great pipes in my opinion. I just bought one to dedicate to GH aromatic blends and It's night and day compared to a briar. Of course this is my experience.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
2019 noodle-pressed Elizabethan Match in my MarTelo bent billiard. 5 years in puck state has worked out well for this blend.

IMG-1217.png

SmokingInTheWind

Might Stick Around
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
Maybe it's just me, but I find that even meerschaums need a break in period. They have a little bit of a funky taste until I smoke about a dozen bowls through one. Great pipes in my opinion. I just bought one to dedicate to GH aromatic blends and It's night and day compared to a briar. Of course this is my experience.

I am dedicating this pipe to straight burley. Semois, Five Brothers and I will be ordering Uhle’s Blend 00 and Perfection Plug Burley soon. I really like the feel of this pipe in my hand.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves game.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I am dedicating this pipe to straight burley. Semois, Five Brothers and I will be ordering Uhle’s Blend 00 and Perfection Plug Burley soon. I really like the feel of this pipe in my hand.
Those are staple blends, among my favorites. I have a claw meer that is hitting its stride coloring. Can't wait to see how yours progesses.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Enjoyed a nice big bowl of JackKnifePlug with Irish Flake mixed in to bolster it up a bit, I find it rather monotone and underwhelming. Gotta enjoy the cool mornings on probably the last cool front to come through before the desert heats up.View attachment 306013
Loaded it up in dad’s Royal Danish 988 and got the work week pipes out for their bath.View attachment 306012

OH my gosh, life and old age, for a sec there, I thought HOLY CRAP why are the horses looking so small! LOL rotf

IMG_1904.jpeg

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
This afternoon I had a wonderful visit with my weekly ZOOM crew of pipe buddies. I smoked my 1891 A.D.P. pipe filled with five-year-old "And so to bed". Peach/Mango Green Tea with a splash of Honey Jack was my beverage.
An Adolph David Posener pipe appears in the Sherlock Holmes adventure, "Silver Blaze". (I wrote an article about the proper identification of this pipe that appeared in both The Baker Street Journal-Spring 2019, and The Pipe Collector-April 2020.)

View attachment 306342
Thanks for sharing with us, Dino! Also, love your weekly comments on the show.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Preparing for UFC tonight. Clockwise... A Kaywoodie London Made loaded with my blend "Smooth Criminal". A BBB Own Make Bent loaded with Sun Bear "Mountain Flower". A Castello Stack (my wofe's pipe tomight) loaded with Black Cherry. A Magnum Lane era Charatan loaded with my blend "3Kings '23".

View attachment 306354
BBB on the top left?

Status
Not open for further replies.