PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
The tamper pad is in fact a dome, think of an inverted miniature saucer. To further the effect of the doming, I cant the tamper as I go around the bowl, further heaping the ash towards the center of the bowl.

I believe that Brian Levine, "The Voice" of The Pipes Magazine Radio Show, had a hand in designing it.
Very interesting. I'd love to try one but haven't seen one that strikes my fancy aesthetically.

Reactions: Nevaditude

sham

(theSHAMOO)
May 20, 2022
Charlotte, NC
Speaking of accessories, I noticed the zippo pipe insert is just a regular insert with a big hole on either end of the wick for the flame to travel.

Being the smart man I am, I decided, "why buy one of these, when I can just drill through my regular zippo?"

I tried and I failed, and now I neither have a regular insert or a pipe insert. I have a non functioning insert.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Speaking of accessories, I noticed the zippo pipe insert is just a regular insert with a big hole on either end of the wick for the flame to travel.

Being the smart man I am, I decided, "why buy one of these, when I can just drill through my regular zippo?"

I tried and I failed, and now I neither have a regular insert or a pipe insert. I have a non functioning insert.
It also has a cap on the chimney, you can get a zippo pipe insert for about $12.

KPDEdmAB

Lurker
Mar 14, 2023
My favorite pipe tool. Large-ish (14 mm) tamper head. Had 2, lost 1. Have come up empty handed (so far) in finding a suitable replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_1839.jpg
    IMG_1839.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 2

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
Many fancy tampers that I seldom use but keep on display in a jewelry box with glass lid along with some of my better lighters; several pouches; hand-made display cabinets for pipes; Buttner and Senior reamers, a few racks, a leather mat and pipe cleaner holder which gather dust, pipe cloths, polish, various sized jars for loose tobacco, etc.

Reactions: PipeWI