PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

haebar

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2014
East Tennessee
I bought this large Altinok meerschaum pipe from a Canadian seller Pipes2Smoke.com about a month ago. It's got a huge bowl. Haven't smoked it yet.

Altinok-Meerschaum.jpg

Altinok-Meerschaum-2.jpg

Pooh-Bah

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2023
Central Maryland
This Altinok was the second pipe I bought - the first being a basket briar (I was smoking hot, had a tax refund burning a hole in my pocket, and figured I'd learn the fundamentals with something incapable of catching fire). Torn between a million different fancy figurals and designs, I eventually just threw my arms up, said the hell with it, and went for the most basic of shapes.

Stopped counting bowls, but my rough estimate is...Somewhere between 150 and 300.
PXL_20230521_211741522.jpg

Occidental

Lurker
May 31, 2023
Missouri
Here is what I have collected. The Eagle claw is my carry around. The Stallion is so large that you have to support it with one hand while you gesture and philosophize with the other. The Bull Elephant is my latest acquisition. It is an unsmoked CAO of unknown age. I was told that it sat in a "Famous" smoke shop on Sunset Boulevard that closed down years ago. Since I have always been one who desires to "See the elephant" I can now see one whenever I choose. CAO Elephant 1.jpgCAO Elephant 2.jpgStallion Meershaum.jpgEagle Claw Meershaum.jpg

Occidental

Lurker
May 31, 2023
Missouri
Excellent!

There are those who are workmen and those who are artisans.

There is a story of an order of monks who were building a cathedral with beautifully carved beams in it.
A man noticed that the monks even carved the tops of the beams where no one would ever see them.
He asked them why they troubled themselves and took so much extra time to carve what no one would ever see.
The monks responded, "God can see them."

Last edited:
Reactions: edger and brian64

Wet Dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2023
Littleton, CO
There are beautiful Meerschaum pipes in this thread. I always liked them, but I must admit that, as far as smoking goes, they're not for me. I have two that just reside sadly in a drawer. The first is a Fikri Baki:

The second is IMP:

All I can say is that I bought them in the late 90s and were smoked only a handful of times before parked in storage. Also, the F. Baki is a notch or two above the IMP, construction wise.

B.Fee

Lifer
Nov 28, 2019
Honolulu / Colorado
There are beautiful Meerschaum pipes in this thread. I always liked them, but I must admit that, as far as smoking goes, they're not for me. I have two that just reside sadly in a drawer. The first is a Fikri Baki:

The second is IMP:

All I can say is that I bought them in the late 90s and were smoked only a handful of times before parked in storage. Also, the F. Baki is a notch or two above the IMP, construction wise.
Good looking pipes. 👍

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123