PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Bought this nifty Sasieni bulldog for $14 (owner was asking $18, I offered $12) in a shop in Arcadia, FL today.
Markings include the diagonal shield on the stem.
On the shank:

Old England

London Made
With "England" in an arc at the left side.
Visited this site Markings looking for aging info. Also found this very nifty article about Sasieni, who started at Chacom then managed the factory at Dunhill. Sasieni Article.
From all I can find, I conclude this pipe likely was a 1950s manufacture, but would love to hear from anyone knowing more. It is in great shape, really needing just a cleaning and some stem work. I love it because it is a classic English bulldog.
Sasieni87.jpg

sasieni2.jpg

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I had, and still kick myself for losing, a Sasieni 4 dot billiard that was on the medium to large side. It was a very unassuming big British billiard with a dark walnut stain and simple yet slightly interesting grain. That Pipe was one of best English smokers I have every encountered. Enjoy the pipe brother.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Nice find!! I'd be happy to find a $5.00 Grabow in the local flea markets/antique stores!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
What a great find! A beautiful, quality piece of pipe history there...congrats! :clap:

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Now you have a great pipe and a great story to go with it! Great find! Enjoy prepping and smoking that Brit!!

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
I've been eyeing some "new" Sasieni pipes recently. Looks like you found yourself a fine example of a beautiful pipe.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
That is not a good find, or even a great one. That is a ^%@$## FANTASTIC find, my friend. :clap: :clap:

There are a few more knowledgable about the particulars of Sasieni on the forum, would love to hear their input on this one's provenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.