PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
An ok idea but its not necessary if you dry your tobacco and pack lightly. As others say, tamp lightly and from the edges inward like you are feeding a campfire. Not stomping it out.

Reactions: Reggie

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
This is basically what is known as a "spill" in the cigar world. Basically it's like using a match that doesn't have a striking head and must be lit from another source of flame. You might consider a less flammable surrounding for the candle, maybe a tall tin can or something, and I definitely wouldn't use a scented candle.
It's a split as in a piece of thin cedar split off a larger sheet.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Medy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2024
Chambersburg PA
You can get a Zippo for under $20. Pipe insert for under $20. Fluid, extra flints are cheap. Works forever. Try one, and even if you don’t like it you will have a lining lighter for use outdoors
lol I already have one just need the fluid insert I have the butane pipe insert

churchlady

Lurker
Mar 15, 2024
Alabama
Just don't be idiot like me and let the flame heat up the little wheel part when you do your charring light. I did that and now have a wheel print on my thumb.

Probably overfilled it or something bc that flame was a little out of control the first time I used it.

• Wow
Reactions: InWithBothFeet

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
It's a split as in a piece of thin cedar split off a larger sheet.
I've always heard them called spills. Google "cedar spill" and you'll see what I'm talking about.
When I smoked cigars regularly, I would make my own by taking the unfinished inner lining pieces from cedar cigar boxes and just split them into thin strips with a knife. I got free boxes from a B&M I lived close to, so I always had a virtually unlimited supply of spills.

Reactions: churchlady