Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
Up until just a couple days ago I was hopeful and very much looking forward to it…but…in the end had to accept the reality. No go for me this year. Those who are going, I’m a little jealous!..And somewhat disappointed in myself that I didn’t do more a while back when maybe I could’ve worked it out…but such is life.

I’ll be channeling my energy through the infamous Alaskanpiper who will be there both physically and spiritually lollllll

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
AS much I love Chicago pipe show and was attending it last several years.,extreme changes in ticket prices are telling me not to visit at all this year..What happened to 20$ tickets for Sat and Sun last year?Now it is 50$ For Sat and 25$ for Sun.And if I want to visit just M.Irwin presentation on Fri from 4-5Pm I have to pay another 50$ for Fri all day ticket!Swap &smoke on Fri where I was able to sell pipe or 2 or tobacco tin to help me finance gas expense driving across half of a continent was moved to Sun afternoon when most people already bought their pipes or left.changes this year are ridicules..What made organizers to raise the ticket prices 300+%?I sure aint paying for sanctuary city!But you guys enjoy the show

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
AS much I love Chicago pipe show and was attending it last several years.,extreme changes in ticket prices are telling me not to visit at all this year..What happened to 20$ tickets for Sat and Sun last year?Now it is 50$ For Sat and 25$ for Sun.And if I want to visit just M.Irwin presentation on Fri from 4-5Pm I have to pay another 50$ for Fri all day ticket!Swap &smoke on Fri where I was able to sell pipe or 2 or tobacco tin to help me finance gas expense driving across half of a continent was moved to Sun afternoon when most people already bought their pipes or left.changes this year are ridicules..What made organizers to raise the ticket prices 300+%?I sure aint paying for sanctuary city!But you guys enjoy the show

The Show’s not cheap but it’s also not nearly as expensive as what you said suggests. The way I read it a single fifty buck ticket covers all the stuff you mention. And if you drink the net cost for the actual Show access, tent access, seminars, etc is really only $26 since you get a $24 credit for booze:

IMG_1344.jpeg

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
The $50 is entry for all events Thur thru Sun and does include $25 in drink tickets for the hotel.

$25 is for Sunday only show floor and smoking tent.

The club does lament that neither attendance nor exhibiting is as inexpensive as it has been in the past, but A. What is, and B. This is a much nicer and closer to the city facility than has been available to us previously.

NC TX ID pipeman

Dec 25, 2021
The Show’s not cheap but it’s also not nearly as expensive as what you said suggests. The way I read it a single fifty buck ticket covers all the stuff you mention. And if you drink the net cost for the a ctual Show access, tent access, seminars, etc is really only $26 since you get a $24 credit for booze:

View attachment 299805

The Show’s not cheap but it’s also not nearly as expensive as what you said suggests. The way I read it a single fifty buck ticket covers all the stuff you mention. And if you drink the net cost for the actual Show access, tent access, seminars, etc is really only $26 since you get a $24 credit for booze:

View attachment 299805
Thanks for showing me this flyer..I swear I've seen a different one saying tickets are 50$ each day and 25 $ on SUN..or I may have simply missunderstud..its possible..

Reactions: Friendly Piper

NC TX ID pipeman

Dec 25, 2021
Thanks! I Will. IMO $50 bucks is a great value for 4 days of smoke filled fun.
I do not disagree.But same smoked filled fun costed me 20 bucks just last year and I was still able partially reimburse my 1100miles one way gas expense with small profit selling a pipe or 2 at Fri swap & smoke.So 150% price increase for the same fun this year..

Reactions: Friendly Piper

NC TX ID pipeman

Dec 25, 2021
The $50 is entry for all events Thur thru Sun and does include $25 in drink tickets for the hotel.

$25 is for Sunday only show floor and smoking tent.

The club does lament that neither attendance nor exhibiting is as inexpensive as it has been in the past, but A. What is, and B. This is a much nicer and closer to the city facility than has been available to us previously.
Thanks for the info..I likely missunderstud the ticket prices..

Said.ALTINAY

Might Stick Around
Hello Guys

We are excited to announce that we will be returning to the Chicago Pipe Show this year after a few years' hiatus. We will be showcasing a collection of nearly 200 meerschaum pipes to suit all tastes.

If you are attending the show, please stop by our table and say hello. We would be delighted to meet you in person and show you our latest creations.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
All set to arrive Friday afternoon. I see significant changes to the schedule, which are improvements for me: the Swap has moved from before the Show to later - this should help the vendors who have paid for show tables, when customers don't shoot their wad before the main event. And the Slow Smoke is Saturday, thereby no causing schedule binds for folks needing to fly or drive home on Sunday. My roomie got beset by famblyt issues, but I'm a coming anyway.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
All set to arrive Friday afternoon. I see significant changes to the schedule, which are improvements for me: the Swap has moved from before the Show to later - this should help the vendors who have paid for show tables, when customers don't shoot their wad before the main event. And the Slow Smoke is Saturday, thereby no causing schedule binds for folks needing to fly or drive home on Sunday. My roomie got beset by famblyt issues, but I'm a coming anyway.
Not to mention, the slow smoke not during floor hours! I fought hard for that. Such a great idea.