PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Used to be able to sit back in my lawn chair and scroll through the different threads on the forum and chuckle at some of the goofy comments without feeling the need to jump up and yell "GET OFF MY LAWN" but end up getting another beer and keep quiet. I wonder how much longer till I'm in the balcony about to be removed from the administration. 🤣View attachment 225545

@B.Fee Yeah, that’s what you getting for moving to the Mainland, it’s making ya crazy! LOL 😆 🤙

Honolulu is pretty wacked out too if you ask me. LOL 😆

Be sure to have some Aloha Fridays over their, get the Kukui Nut Lei on, Ukulele tunes, and Aloha Kine Shirt, of course too, some Ono Hawaiian Grindz! ;) 🍗 🍍 🐷

096FFC01-0136-433D-B899-33DA8B7EC6BF.gif

Last edited:

farmer

Lurker
Jan 2, 2022
Arizona
You should stay in the house more. I live in a neighborhood of people who don't care much for each other and that suits me fine.
Growing up, I internalised the over-the-fence "good mornin'" expectations, but that's all evaporated these days. Now, it doesn't matter how quiet & unassuming one remains, there are others whose main objective seems to be intrusion into just about anything. One pleasant solution I've discovered is owning 640 contiguous, fenced acres & building one's residence as close to the centre as possible.

farmer

Lurker
Jan 2, 2022
Arizona
You mean to say if a couple of buddies stopped by for a chat & a smoke, they might not be welcomed with open arms? (chuckle)

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
There is a Hearth & Home Signature blend created by Russ Oulette called Frenchy's Sunzabitches. As some of you may remember, Frenchy was an early internet estate pipes merchant. He favored the phrase "sunzabitches."

frenchyspipes.com.gif

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Used to be able to sit back in my lawn chair and scroll through the different threads on the forum and chuckle at some of the goofy comments without feeling the need to jump up and yell "GET OFF MY LAWN" but end up getting another beer and keep quiet. I wonder how much longer till I'm in the balcony about to be removed from the administration. 🤣View attachment 225545
1687011543428.png
I'd watch that !

motie2

Lurker
Mar 31, 2015
30 minutes west of Manhattan
Extremist politics, misogyny, homophobia, "every day carry" displays drove me from another pipe forum after years of active participation.

When trolls move in, discussion of pipes and pipe smoking can become afterthoughts.

On the other hand, there seemed to be a big market for this kind of hate speech in that forum. I was surprised at how many "brothers" were actually haters of one group or another; surprised and disappointed.

Oh, well. So it goes.....

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Extremist politics, misogyny, homophobia, "every day carry" displays drove me from another pipe forum after years of active participation.

When trolls move in, discussion of pipes and pipe smoking can become afterthoughts.

On the other hand, there seemed to be a big market for this kind of hate speech in that forum. I was surprised at how many "brothers" were actually haters of one group or another; surprised and disappointed.

Oh, well. So it goes.....
This thread is an afterthought.