PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Found out I enjoy black tea during the winter months, and coffee when the weather is warming up. Been contemplating if I'm going to keep on drinking espresso. It does give a good dose of jolt in the morning, but it's not like the comfort of drip brew. But not really finding good old Mr. Coffee machine like I used to. They all have pretty bad reviews. Then bought a bottle of instant coffee. Added some sugar free hazelnut Coffee mate, and it's as good as any old crappy brew! Life is good.

Last edited:

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I love coffee - always very strong, with milk and one sugar.
Just one cup a day, with lunch
I grew up in Malaysia, so coffee with condensed milk is a guilty weekend treat.

I start the day with a mug of black English tea.
I brew a pot as soon as I get into the office - usually green (Chinese Long Cheng or Japanese sencha) or oolong.
I mix it up a bit with white or black (fully fermented) tea for a change

I love a mug of chai on the weekends - usually black.
For a treat, I love a really strong mug with condensed milk (like you get in India) 😋

My tea shelf at work
IMG_7840.jpeg

Last edited:

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I'm a black coffee drinker all the way, with a preference for medium-dark to medium roasts.

Never could get into TEA tea (sweet tea, hot, iced, black, green, etc). I do like some mixed/spiced and herbal teas though (rooibos with plenty of honey, chai tea, various herbal blends like back when Teavana existed I used to mix their "Samurai Chai Mate" with their "White Ayurvedic" and a touch of brown sugar the two combined having ingredients like candied papaya, pineapple, lemon grass and cornflower blossoms—though yes, I do know said teas contain various black, green and white teas, but they aren't straight tea). I rarely drink the kind of tea that I do like... usually a rooibos+Jameson+honey hot toddy on the extremely rare occasion that I have a cold.

Last edited:

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I like both and both with cream/milk and sugar. For tea its usually black tea. For coffee its lavaza espresso blend. I use pour over method. I used to make french press (which really isnt French) but the extra oils tended to give me indigestion.

For tobacco its Burley with coffee and vapers with tea. Tea really complimets vapers a lot.

I think its funny the "New" craze about pour over coffee. Its been around a zillion years and basically Mr coffee makers automated the process. The things are all over the place as well as junk stores. Now people ask all kinds of silly money for them like its something new. I do like them better than coffee makers because you can control the pour and the temp. Most coffee makers make lukewarm coffee. The big reason I also like them is they dont take up counter space.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
Attempting to be more conscious of what I'm putting in my body, I've made some changes in my diet but I've had a problem with choosing coffee over tea, because too much of anything is not a good thing.
For years, I drank coffee all day from morning till night from my trusty Mr. Coffee drip coffee maker. I usually drank Maxwell House Original and drank it black with a scant teaspoon of sugar.
Lately, I grind beans and use a pour over filter. I use the grounds for two cups, and that first cup is a beaut! NO SUGAR, NO DAIRY.
I try to limit myself to two rounds like that each day, but often drink more. I've got some prostate issues and caffeine is said to be an aggravation. I try to offset with several mugs, jars or glasses of water, herbal, black and green tea. I'm going to be getting some MACHA for nutritional value soon.
Drink up lads, stay hydrated! :sher:

johnnyflake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 29, 2023
Henderson, Nevada
Medium roast coffee, two cups in the morning black w/Sugar, one cup at night before bed w/dessert. Not a big tea drinker, a cup of Tetley British Blend or Lemongrass & Ginger now and again, no milk with a touch of sugar. Lemongrass & Ginger is great when your stomach is off a little.

David D. Davidson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2023
Canada
Both! I drink a single shot espresso in the morning, then it’s tea for the rest of the day. Big fan of loose leaf gongfu style brewing, where I can enjoy steeping the same leaves all day and enjoy the way the flavor develops. Big fan of Yunnan Sourcing, it’s amazing quality at an even more amazing price.

I have nearly as much tea as I do tobacco - this is all my straight tea, then I’ve got a bunch of herbal tisanes (shout out to celestial sleepytime)IMG_6003.jpeg