PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
i used to drink espresso in the morning but lately I’ve been making americanos. In the afternoon I have pg tips with sugar and milk. Trying to cut back on the caffeine because my stomach has been messed up lately.
PG Tips - my favourite! Not available in Canada anymore. I have to go to specialty English shops now to get it, or to the US. Switched to Yorkshire or King Cole for my daily brew.

Reactions: newbroom and Kobold

zamirmewelldy

Lurker
May 22, 2024
I love coffee - always very strong, with milk and one sugar.
Just one cup a day, with lunch
I grew up in Malaysia, so coffee with condensed milk is a guilty weekend treat.

I start the day with a mug of black English tea.
I brew a pot as soon as I get into the office - usually green (Chinese Long Cheng or Japanese sencha) or oolong.
I mix it up a bit with white or black (fully fermented) tea for a change

I love a mug of chai on the weekends - usually black.
For a treat, I love a really strong mug with condensed milk (like you get in India) 😋

My tea shelf at work
View attachment 308645Sbux partner hours
Food and drink are fundamental elements of human culture, offering not just sustenance but also pleasure, tradition, and connection. From the rich, diverse flavors of global cuisines to the simple joy of a home-cooked meal, what we eat and drink reflects our heritage, our preferences, and our creativity. Exploring food and drink can take us on a journey through different cultures, introducing us to new ingredients and cooking techniques. Whether savoring a fine wine, enjoying a craft beer, or delighting in a decadent dessert, food and drink bring people together, creating memorable experiences and fostering a sense of community.

Fuelman

Might Stick Around
Apr 20, 2024
Indiana
Some of the best coffee I drank was in Jamaica. Blue mountain was the name I believe. I also enjoy a Cuban coffe, black espresso with a good amount of sugar.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Been back to espresso and espresso based drinks since the weather is warming up.

Few days ago, I had to pick up my son from his school. Didn't have morning coffee or tea. Diet/Sugar free Pepsi doesn't count. Pepsi's more like.. Air.

So dropped by that god forsaken coffee hell we all know as Starbucks. Asked double espresso and a cup of water. Didn't wait too long. Pleasant looking young lady hand me the double espresso in a paper cup to me.

I don't like paper cup with espresso. It doesn't keep espresso hot. But this thing was burning hot. And tasted like shit. Learned my lesson. Pull your own shot, or stick to Bojangles coffee.

Reactions: Piping Abe

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Been back to espresso and espresso based drinks since the weather is warming up.

Few days ago, I had to pick up my son from his school. Didn't have morning coffee or tea. Diet/Sugar free Pepsi doesn't count. Pepsi's more like.. Air.

So dropped by that god forsaken coffee hell we all know as Starbucks. Asked double espresso and a cup of water. Didn't wait too long. Pleasant looking young lady hand me the double espresso in a paper cup to me.

I don't like paper cup with espresso. It doesn't keep espresso hot. But this thing was burning hot. And tasted like shit. Learned my lesson. Pull your own shot, or stick to Bojangles coffee.
Actually, quite like Starbucks but seldom indulge due to cost.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I have a double-shot cappuccino most lunchtimes when I'm at work.
It can be good or great, depending on who is on the machine - same machine, same beans.
The human element is the variable.

There is a great coffee culture in Australia now. You're almost guaranteed a good coffee most places.
A far cry when I arrived in Sydney in 1968. I would take my best friend (an Italian classmate) for a Chinese meal, in exchange for a good coffee at the Italo-Australian Club in Sydney - one of the very few places where you can get a proper coffee then.
What was served in most places then was instant crap or dripolator coffee that had been sitting on a warmer for hours.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I have a double-shot cappuccino most lunchtimes when I'm at work.
It can be good or great, depending on who is on the machine - same machine, same beans.
The human element is the variable.

There is a great coffee culture in Australia now. You're almost guaranteed a good coffee most places.
A far cry when I arrived in Sydney in 1968. I would take my best friend (an Italian classmate) for a Chinese meal, in exchange for a good coffee at the Italo-Australian Club in Sydney - one of the very few places where you can get a proper coffee then.
What was served in most places then was instant crap or dripolator coffee that had been sitting on a warmer for hours.
I have heard coffee culture in down under is amazing. A lot of innovation.

In US, at least, the story is Starbucks is burning their beans to create a sense of stronger taste. Not sure if that true or not. But definite the temperature of the espresso was rather on full boil. No bitterness tho, but I could sense 'burnt' taste.

Either way, it will never be as good as my current Jameson Black Barrel and Sugar free Pepsi.

• Haha
Reactions: OzPiper

Fuelman

Might Stick Around
Apr 20, 2024
Indiana

That will teach you. Let this be a lesson not to waste your money over watered down swill.😃