PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sparcdude

Lurker
Feb 9, 2023
New Hampshire
If the burger is grilled and seasoned properly I don't really need anything on it, but I like raw or grilled onions and occasionally sautéed mushrooms. People who put ketchup on a burger should be executed.
Well, it was nice knowing you all...

But I’m going to have my burger with ketchup, lettuce, onion, bacon, and green peppers as my last meal!

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
American cheese is the standard and rarely is another cheese appropriate due to the flavor and melting capabilities.

Bacon is a decent topping. The picture posted looks like the Tony's BLT in Birch Run, Michigan, with 1 pound of bacon per sandwich.

Neither burger pictured speaks to me, since I've come to "less is more" in my burger life.

Mayo is the preferred condiment. And some type of onion (raw, grilled, sautéed, caramelized) is virtually a must.

Mustard, if the profile fits. Ketchup for backyard burgers or dressed up for when Michael Symon's original Lolita burger fits the bill.

And the Oklahoma fried onion burger is a game changer. Simple to the point where the sum is better than the parts. I rarely deviate from this style in the kitchen at home (and I created the burger of the day for about 1.5 years at a tapas restaurant, so I have "chops").

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
The question is, was the cheese or bacon treated with chlorine? If so then I'll pass.

In fact I'd likely starve to death in the US as by what I have read/seen on TV, pretty much every foodstuff over there is in some way or another washed or 'treated' with chlorine :oops:.

Jay.

• Wow
Reactions: orlandofurioso