PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
I have never tried it. I have tried Grousemoor though which I really enjoy. For anyone that's tried both, what's the similarities and differences between the two?
Very different both in the baccy and in the topping.
Grousemoor is just pure virginia the same as Best Brown with a topping more reminding of baked cookies.
Ennerdale in addition to Virginia has some dark leaves and Burley, so a little bit stronger baccy, and the topping is almond/fruity.

Both lovely.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
I pretty much love all their blends and each in their own way.
Ennerdale is one I keep a few tins around for something different occasionally. I enjoy it and have tripped a couple people out with samples over the years. As said it doesn’t keep well and it can also ghost the heck out of a pipe. That being said it’s a meerschaum only smoke for me.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Love Ennerdale. Bought a tin of 1792 thinking it was more of the same. Nope. Still investigating whether I like it or not. Kicked me in the butt one night with the Nic hit. Will have to try the Bosun sometime
1792 is bloody amazing. Bosun is very different from...actually people need to stop thinking there's a blanket "Lakeland" thing. There's no such thing, they are all different from each other. I bet many who talk about bathmats and grandma undies have not tried any of them, definitely not given them a fair chance. Here's a list to how *I* taste these tobaccos, bolded are the ones I would stock and smoke indefinitely.
  • 1792: tonquin + DFK
  • Bosun: clove
  • Coniston: almond + several floral stuff + DFK
  • RB plug: Chinese five spice
  • Ennerdale: bubblegum + other stuff
  • Bob's choc flake: chocolate + vanilla + almond - barely discernible Latakia elevates it
  • Cannon: melon + other fruity stuff
  • Dark Flake Scented: rose geranium
P.S. those who don't like them, please move along before Gawith focus groups them into obscurity

BingBong

Might Stick Around
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
1792 is bloody amazing. Bosun is very different from...actually people need to stop thinking there's a blanket "Lakeland" thing. There's no such thing, they are all different from each other. I bet many who talk about bathmats and grandma undies have not tried any of them, definitely not given them a fair chance. Here's a list to how *I* taste these tobaccos, bolded are the ones I would stock and smoke indefinitely.
  • 1792: tonquin + DFK
  • Bosun: clove
  • Coniston: almond + several floral stuff + DFK
  • RB plug: Chinese five spice
  • Ennerdale: bubblegum + other stuff
  • Bob's choc flake: chocolate + vanilla + almond - barely discernible Latakia elevates it
  • Cannon: melon + other fruity stuff
  • Dark Flake Scented: rose geranium
P.S. those who don't like them, please move along before Gawith focus groups them into obscurity
I'm partial to a bit of RB Plug, always makes me think it has root ginger in it.