PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
How is it that this venerable tobacco evokes bubble gum in flavour? A Victorian bubble gum. A tweed suit bubble gum, if there is such a thing. It is a link to an alien past.
kind of. But gum didn't come flavored well it could come with flavor. But you had to dip the gum in a flavored powder. Seriously read too much about it one day.

BingBong

Might Stick Around
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
Have to say that I like it well enough to have a tin to hand for when I want, without it being a goto or regular smoke. Sometimes, it's just the ticket - but the same goes for many other blends! Admirable nic hit, setting aside other aspects.

Reactions: edger

Bowlsmoker67

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2021
Montgomery County Ny
This is a serious question, if you have a hunch: do you think it is because more people are buying, because people are buying MORE, or because MORE people are buying MORE of blends boosted here? My hunch is towards option c): more people are buying more because of some blends' rare/famous status, fear of missing out, and trying to hedge for the future, inadvertently screwing the rest. I've long thought that a tin/amount limit would at least curb casual buyers who can't be bothered to make 1000 additional gmail addresses, and somewhat help the situatio
Awesome stuff one of my favorites

pcfdave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2021
Love Ennerdale. Bought a tin of 1792 thinking it was more of the same. Nope. Still investigating whether I like it or not. Kicked me in the butt one night with the Nic hit. Will have to try the Bosun sometime

Reactions: edger

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Got some bulk Ennerdale and when I opened the package it came in it gave me an instant headache. I let it sit in the ziplock bag for several months (maybe close to a year). It's kept some of its stank but now I really enjoy it.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Got some bulk Ennerdale and when I opened the package it came in it gave me an instant headache. I let it sit in the ziplock bag for several months (maybe close to a year). It's kept some of its stank but now I really enjoy it.
Even in a jar it chills out a bit. I wouldn't say weaker, but the sharper edges seem blunter. And honestly I like it just as much either way. The thing no one wants to mention is that the tobacco without the topping is still unique and amazing.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Even in a jar it chills out a bit. I wouldn't say weaker, but the sharper edges seem blunter. And honestly I like it just as much either way. The thing no one wants to mention is that the tobacco without the topping is still unique and amazing.
Yeah the perfume smell was just too strong to start.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
It was extra bagged up in my last shipment and my mailbox smelled like that for a week and a half. It was a small order needed somethings like a tamper and pipe cleaners. Got my five bros too and some Cary Grant. Or in other words a good haul.
Yeah I just got one ounce and it stank everything up that was within 10 feet.

• Haha
Reactions: eljimmy

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
The current batch is a little on the tame side, if you want something that resembles aged Ennerdale Flake then buy Ennerdale Mixture. Ploughed through 500g bag of that stuff with a lot of help from Simong and I was totally underwhelmed compared to the fresh flake but YMMV!

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
I hit some year-old Ennerdale again tonight and the topping has greatly diminished even though it's been in a mason jar. Still, an absolutely lovely VA flake, never aggressive. I do miss the extra creaminess from the topping.

Reactions: edger and eljimmy