PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
Congratulations, I wish you many bowls in good health on your porch! Our new house is finished and I had an exhaust fan put in the den/office/guest bedroom, against my wife’s wishes and knowledge. She was pissed but I am on a mission to “be allowed” to smoke in this room, haha.
I am not here to steal your thunder so congratulations again on the build, super exciting.

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
IMG_20240511_134511897.jpg

They started siding around the garage, which is the other side of our breezeway here. Behind me you can just make out the old walnut tree we used to find shade and cool breezes under in high summer whose location and orientation drove the design of this outdoor space.

The plasterer is just about done inside, so I can take measurements for the pipe and tobacco cabinet that will live just inside from this porch.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
View attachment 309494

They started siding around the garage, which is the other side of our breezeway here. Behind me you can just make out the old walnut tree we used to find shade and cool breezes under in high summer whose location and orientation drove the design of this outdoor space.

The plasterer is just about done inside, so I can take measurements for the pipe and tobacco cabinet that will live just inside from this porch.
Thanks for the updates; it's been really fun to follow how things have progressed. I enjoy watching some of those home reno shows but sadly no one's done one with a pipe room as part of the work.

Reactions: Steddy

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
Yeah, they get really bland people to do those shows. I did about 7-8 years of installation work as part of my 20 years as a cabinet and furniture maker and I have had many conversations with folks about building displays or structures to show off their eccentric hobbies. Everything from model railroads to fully equipped BDSM dungeons.

A 2' wide pipe rack built-in ain't nothing.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Yeah, they get really bland people to do those shows. I did about 7-8 years of installation work as part of my 20 years as a cabinet and furniture maker and I have had many conversations with folks about building displays or structures to show off their eccentric hobbies. Everything from model railroads to fully equipped BDSM dungeons.

A 2' wide pipe rack built-in ain't nothing.
Wow, that sounds like some pretty memorable stuff.

I totally agree with the people they get for the shows and I get why they do it. My wife is the determiner of who’s tolerable enough to watch and we actually don’t watch too many 😁