Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
We'd like to keep this to member's shots, and ID where it was shot. If a backstory, fine; if not, also fine.
Thanks.
Also, insults and crap photos will be deleted.

I saw you deleted my last two posts. The one was a comment on morbid photography, one of the main themes in photography, the other a shot of a great blesbok-steak, nicely composed in a circular frame, crispy sharp at the right exposure. The used pan was an allegory of the transience of carnal pleasures.

So, whose gonna judge what a crap shot is anyways? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the author of a photography should decide what’s a great shot or not.

When it comes to tobaccos or pipes nobody here is judging if they are worth mentioning in this forum.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I think the author of a photography should decide what’s a great shot or not.
Too involved. That's why photogs seek out criticism from respected peers, editors, other persons with the proper perspective and knowledge. And, the customer is the most important cog in the process. The shooter can tell what he/she was trying to capture. The editor/customer will tell the shooter if they were successful. 'nuff said!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Too involved. That's why photogs seek out criticism from respected peers, editors, other persons with the proper perspective and knowledge. And, the customer is the most important cog in the process. The shooter can tell what he/she was trying to capture. The editor/customer will tell the shooter if they were successful. 'nuff said!
I stopped seeking critical commentary on my work a long time ago. I make pictures for two reasons: 1) It brings me satisfaction. 2) Someone is paying me. Often times, #2 and #1 manage to intersect, but not always. Either way, other people’s opinion of me or my work means nothing to me, unless it has bearing on if someone will hire me again. And then it’s just a question of money, not self worth.

IMG_6560.jpeg

I like this picture.
It reminds me of food.
(Taken at Herschel’s East Side Deli, Philadelphia, PA earlier this month.)