PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I'll be honest with you. I'm very ignorant. I had to Google a picture of modern day Egypt. Whenever Egypt is brought up, I just think sand and pyramids. It looks just like any city in the U.S.

Welcome!

clynch

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2013
Pensacola Florida
I bid you welcome from the sunny Mediterranean coast of Egypt! I've been a pipe smoker for more than 3yrs (still learning and developing my taste), and before that I used to roll tobacco.

My favorite types of blends are vapers and balkans. I smoke only Erinmore flake as a hybrid VaBur ''aro''.

Very excited to reach out to this community that I've only recently learned about. Please excuse my poor english but I'll try my best to keep my language errors to a minimum. Thanks for having me, Cheers!
Your english is excellent. Glad you're here!

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
Welcome! Never met an Egyptian before. We’d love to hear about what you can buy in your area and what your favorite tobaccos are!

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
Greetings! I presume from your name here at the pipe forums, that you are likely a fan of the almond/honey marzipan candy?

If so, I too find it to be quite tasty. My wife and I have tried a few times to make marzipan from scratch….. but the results were never quite as good as we had hoped.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Hello and welcome from Basel, Switzerland, by way of Greece and the UK ;)

Out of curiosity, there is a Greek pipe tobacco company - they may have stopped, not important - which has/had an English style blend which featured "Egyptian Latakia". Do you have any idea about that? Compared with the more typical Cypriot Latakia (which is in fact grown in Cyprus, smoked in Turkey and then returned to Cyprus for packaging and selling) it was milder, more leathery and light woody smokey than the Cypriot which tastes a lot heavier to me. Altogether a good "Latakia".

Reactions: rotate

BriarsAndBottles

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2022
Hercules, California
I bid you welcome from the sunny Mediterranean coast of Egypt! I've been a pipe smoker for more than 3yrs (still learning and developing my taste), and before that I used to roll tobacco.

My favorite types of blends are vapers and balkans. I smoke only Erinmore flake as a hybrid VaBur ''aro''.

Very excited to reach out to this community that I've only recently learned about. Please excuse my poor english but I'll try my best to keep my language errors to a minimum. Thanks for having me, Cheers!

Greetings from Northern California where you can find some of the best wine in the world!