PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Manawydan

Lurker
Apr 24, 2024
Hi there pipers from sunny Southern California! I am re-new to pipe smoking over the last couple months. In the late 80's I bought an inexpensive pipe and an aromatic blend from Tinder Box at a local mall... tried it, liked the 'ritual' and the flavor, but didn't know how to pack, light, tend, or smoke with any facility. Gave it up and moved to cigars as an occasional luxury.

Recently I found myself stumbling on to MuttNChop Piper's channel and decided to educate myself and really give it a proper go. Bought a Savinelli 606KS and then a Peterson 999 Rhodesian. Acquired several 'recommended' blends across the spectrum including Maltese Falcon, Haddo's Delight, Plum Pudding, Eileen's Dream, Nightcap, Balkan Sasieni, Blood Red Moon, Escudo Navy de Luxe, and Elizabethan Mixture. I have been delighted with the variety and have also been surprised by what appeals to me.

Now I have a third pipe (Stanwell Hans Christian Andersen smooth churchwarden) and a couple blends from Boswell's (Northwoods and Boswell's Best) on the way. :)

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Hi there pipers from sunny Southern California! I am re-new to pipe smoking over the last couple months. In the late 80's I bought an inexpensive pipe and an aromatic blend from Tinder Box at a local mall... tried it, liked the 'ritual' and the flavor, but didn't know how to pack, light, tend, or smoke with any facility. Gave it up and moved to cigars as an occasional luxury.

Recently I found myself stumbling on to MuttNChop Piper's channel and decided to educate myself and really give it a proper go. Bought a Savinelli 606KS and then a Peterson 999 Rhodesian. Acquired several 'recommended' blends across the spectrum including Maltese Falcon, Haddo's Delight, Plum Pudding, Eileen's Dream, Nightcap, Balkan Sasieni, Blood Red Moon, Escudo Navy de Luxe, and Elizabethan Mixture. I have been delighted with the variety and have also been surprised by what appeals to me.

Now I have a third pipe (Stanwell Hans Christian Andersen smooth churchwarden) and a couple blends from Boswell's (Northwoods and Boswell's Best) on the way. :)
Screen Shot 2024-04-17 at 8.41.59 PM.png

Reactions: Manawydan

dottlejockey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Welcome from the wet pacific northwest. Sounds like you're off to a good start with the pipe choices - all quality manufacturers. A wide selection of various tobacco styles to try in them, too. Like cigars, this is another one of those slippery slopes of flavor exploration, albeit add to that craftsmanship appreciation. Enjoy the journey!

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Welcome! Does the HCA you got have two stems? And which shape did you get? I remember when they first release I coveted the shape 7 so much but it was way out of my price range.