PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Manawydan

Might Stick Around
Apr 24, 2024
Welcome! Does the HCA you got have two stems? And which shape did you get? I remember when they first release I coveted the shape 7 so much but it was way out of my price range.
It is on its way, so haven't seen in person yet. But it says it comes with two stems, and is an 'egg' shape. I think #7, but am having difficulty confirming. I am excited to try it out!

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish

Manawydan

Might Stick Around
Apr 24, 2024
Welcome from the Center Of The Known Universe!

Ashland, Oregon

(Used to be Burbank but I got the hell out of LA)

Nice selection of tobaccos! I’m quite fond of Haddo’s.
I own a couple of HCA’s and they’re excellent smokers.
Thanks! I got the hell out of LA myself -- went East. :) I am really looking forward to the HCA. Haddo's has been a delight so far.

'olbuzzsaw

Lurker
Apr 11, 2024
Northwest Indiana
Hi there pipers from sunny Southern California! I am re-new to pipe smoking over the last couple months. In the late 80's I bought an inexpensive pipe and an aromatic blend from Tinder Box at a local mall... tried it, liked the 'ritual' and the flavor, but didn't know how to pack, light, tend, or smoke with any facility. Gave it up and moved to cigars as an occasional luxury.

Recently I found myself stumbling on to MuttNChop Piper's channel and decided to educate myself and really give it a proper go. Bought a Savinelli 606KS and then a Peterson 999 Rhodesian. Acquired several 'recommended' blends across the spectrum including Maltese Falcon, Haddo's Delight, Plum Pudding, Eileen's Dream, Nightcap, Balkan Sasieni, Blood Red Moon, Escudo Navy de Luxe, and Elizabethan Mixture. I have been delighted with the variety and have also been surprised by what appeals to me.

Now I have a third pipe (Stanwell Hans Christian Andersen smooth churchwarden) and a couple blends from Boswell's (Northwoods and Boswell's Best) on the way. :)
My first pipe was a 606 KS as well! I really do still enjoy it. Similar to the 999, the Savinelli 673 was my second purchase and has grown to be my favorite. Anyways, welcome from Indiana. I am also a site newb. Cheers!

Reactions: Manawydan

Manawydan

Might Stick Around
Apr 24, 2024
My first pipe was a 606 KS as well! I really do still enjoy it. Similar to the 999, the Savinelli 673 was my second purchase and has grown to be my favorite. Anyways, welcome from Indiana. I am also a site newb. Cheers!
I've been seriously considering a Sav 673, but wanted to first try another brand. I have a feeling I'll end up with one soon.

Reactions: 'olbuzzsaw

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

PiperCalvinist

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2024
South Texas
Hi there pipers from sunny Southern California! I am re-new to pipe smoking over the last couple months. In the late 80's I bought an inexpensive pipe and an aromatic blend from Tinder Box at a local mall... tried it, liked the 'ritual' and the flavor, but didn't know how to pack, light, tend, or smoke with any facility. Gave it up and moved to cigars as an occasional luxury.

Recently I found myself stumbling on to MuttNChop Piper's channel and decided to educate myself and really give it a proper go. Bought a Savinelli 606KS and then a Peterson 999 Rhodesian. Acquired several 'recommended' blends across the spectrum including Maltese Falcon, Haddo's Delight, Plum Pudding, Eileen's Dream, Nightcap, Balkan Sasieni, Blood Red Moon, Escudo Navy de Luxe, and Elizabethan Mixture. I have been delighted with the variety and have also been surprised by what appeals to me.

Now I have a third pipe (Stanwell Hans Christian Andersen smooth churchwarden) and a couple blends from Boswell's (Northwoods and Boswell's Best) on the way. :)
Welcome from Texas! I’m only a month into my pipe journey, so my recommendations don’t carry much weight. But I’ve learned this so far - The Country Squire knows what they are doing when it comes to tobacco blends. I’m pretty sure they sell all their tobacco in bulk, so you can get 1oz samples.

Reactions: Manawydan

Manawydan

Might Stick Around
Apr 24, 2024
Welcome from Texas! I’m only a month into my pipe journey, so my recommendations don’t carry much weight. But I’ve learned this so far - The Country Squire knows what they are doing when it comes to tobacco blends. I’m pretty sure they sell all their tobacco in bulk, so you can get 1oz samples.
Thanks -- I appreciate the recommendation. There are so many options out there it is nice to have starting points. My Boswell order comes tomorrow -- looking forward to trying their blends.