PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Afternoon chaps,

Newbie pipe smoker from God's own county...beautiful Yorkshire. Bit of a latecomer to pipes, being now in my 50's, but I'm loving it (not the tongue bite though ;)). Being puffing away for just over 7 weeks now.

My dad was a pipe smoker, which vividly sticks with me...so I'm hoping to now continue the tradition & perhaps pass it onto my sons.

Thanks for reading folks; with my best regards from England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Craig
Well said Craig, and I like your signature as well.

Welcome to our quiet corner of the internet!

Reactions: Tyke Piper

Tyke Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2023
The Shire of York, England
The Clay King welcomes you to the forums from Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England.
Had a good time at Nottingham pipe show last Sunday.
I take it you're from Barnsley given the Tyke nickname...
Good afternoon Dan (sorry...Clay King 🤴🏻),

And many thanks for the warm welcome - and no, Bradfordian born 'n bred - TBF 'tyke' is a general term for a Yorkshireman, but I appreciate that Barnsley, especially the footie club, lay claim to that title.

I know Chesterfield a little from past football experience (I used to be a ST holder at Bramall Lane) 🤫

Would've loved to have attended the pipe show but with prior commitments & the short notice I found out about it, it was too late to get arrangements in place ☹️

All the best,

Craig puffy

Reactions: The Clay King

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Good afternoon Dan (sorry...Clay King 🤴🏻),

And many thanks for the warm welcome - and no, Bradfordian born 'n bred - TBF 'tyke' is a general term for a Yorkshireman, but I appreciate that Barnsley, especially the footie club, lay claim to that title.

I know Chesterfield a little from past football experience (I used to be a ST holder at Bramall Lane) 🤫

Would've loved to have attended the pipe show but with prior commitments & the short notice I found out about it, it was too late to get arrangements in place ☹️

All the best,

Craig puffy
@Tyke Piper Maybe we could meet up for a few beers & bowls (Chesterfield, Sheffield, York maybe). I don't like Leeds apart from the Royal Armouries. Hope you can make it to Nottingham next year; the Northern Rail trains run every hour Leeds - Nottingham.

Reactions: Tyke Piper

Tyke Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2023
The Shire of York, England
@Tyke Piper Maybe we could meet up for a few beers & bowls (Chesterfield, Sheffield, York maybe). I don't like Leeds apart from the Royal Armouries. Hope you can make it to Nottingham next year; the Northern Rail trains run every hour Leeds - Nottingham.
That'd be great, I'd be glad to share a tipple & a bowl or two with you 🍻puffy

Due to physical impairment, I don't usually venture much further south than Sheffield unless a rare occasion demands it (I dont watch footie there now)...however, the wife & I tend to visit York a couple of times a year, if not more.

And Leeds? I concur, never really liked it TBH and must confess, I haven't been there (the centre at least) in years.

Perhaps a pre-Christmas visit to York is in order? 👍

Reactions: The Clay King