PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Welcome from The Center of the Known Universe!

Ashland,Oregon!

I'm guessing it's St Augustine, founded around 1565. If you want to parse this, it's the oldest continuously inhabited European founded city in the US. By contrast, Santa Fé goes back centuries earlier, but that was indigenous population, and was known as Oghå P'o'pge, and while the original pueblo goes back to circa 900, didn't get founded as Santa Fé until around 1598. IIRC, the oldest still standing house, near the Plaza, dates to the mid 1200's.

I primarily smoke Virginias and their variants; Va/Per, Va/Per/Bur, Va/Bur, Va/Or, Burley and Burley based and the occasional English/Balkan/Oriental or semi aromatic.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from central North Carolina. I'm a burley devotee myself, but enjoy blends from most genres. Wellcome aboard.

Reactions: Jamcdon1961

Jamcdon1961

Lurker
Oct 7, 2023
St. Augustine, FL, USA
Welcome from The Center of the Known Universe!

Ashland,Oregon!

I'm guessing it's St Augustine, founded around 1565. If you want to parse this, it's the oldest continuously inhabited European founded city in the US. By contrast, Santa Fé goes back centuries earlier, but that was indigenous population, and was known as Oghå P'o'pge, and while the original pueblo goes back to circa 900, didn't get founded as Santa Fé until around 1598. IIRC, the oldest still standing house, near the Plaza, dates to the mid 1200's.

I primarily smoke Virginias and their variants; Va/Per, Va/Per/Bur, Va/Bur, Va/Or, Burley and Burley based and the occasional English/Balkan/Oriental or semi aromatic.
Thank you for the response.

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Welcome James. I would recommend dedicating one pipe to deer tongue. A tasty compliment that can ghost a pipe quite easily, although I am having a tough time ghosting a meer with it. Order some C&D Gentleman Caller or Crooner and enjoy!
Apostle Islands Welcome.jpg

Jamcdon1961

Lurker
Oct 7, 2023
St. Augustine, FL, USA
I too separate pipes. Categories to consider

VA per
VA straight
Oriental
Burley
VA Bur
Aromatics
English
Balkan
Scottish
Lakeland (natural aro)

then you can further divide by pipe chamber depth and width to get different effects.

It all about what flavors you want. I have pipes I smoke everything in and enjoy the mix. I have dedicated pipes by tobacco type brand and shape too. There's this one pipe I use for only Newminster 400 and nothing else. Never hard to find excuses to buy pipes.
Great ideas. Thanks so much!