PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dingdong

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2024
Jakarta, Indonesia
Hello dingdong & welcome from England!
You ever smoked that ‘Tambolaka?’
no sir not yet. i heard that its so strong, like getting punched by mike tyson. we do have various tobacco here but mostly bought by cigarette factories..some are for RYO/shag cigarettes, cigars, and only very little made for local pipe tobacco. Some folks started making artisan pipe tobacco (mixed, pressed into flakes) but pretty much small quantities.
some high quality specific tobaccos are exported, from dutch colonial days up to now. like Sumatra Deli.
this one below is from west java area, near bandung..local seeds, on the hills around 500-600m asl. sliced thin for ryo shag. mostly sold unprocessed to local factories, who add some toppings then packed and sold.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-04-03 at 9.32.08 PM (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-03 at 9.32.08 PM (2).jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 6
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-04-03 at 9.32.08 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-03 at 9.32.08 PM (1).jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 6
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-04-03 at 9.32.08 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-03 at 9.32.08 PM.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 6

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!
Hi All - from a far distant land of the east. middle age now, start a bit late on pipes though i started smoking cigarettes, occasionally, when i was 6, in 1980...all the way up to now, with cigs, shag, some cigar occasionally, but generally a heavy smoker.
i started reading and studying and buying pipe and pipe fuel (tobacco) around november 2023 so a relative rookie. hope i can contribute and have fun on the forum

View attachment 300344
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: Professor Moriarty