Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

'olbuzzsaw

Lurker
Apr 11, 2024
Northwest Indiana
What's up all of you good looking people? I am 43, from Hammond Indiana, and a Chicago LU 597 PipeFitter. I have been welding for 30 years, started when I was 13. I started the pipe hobby last October so I will be seeing you in the Tobacco Sell/Swap forums a lot in the upcoming months! My aromatics phase was very brief. Coming from cigars, which I still enjoy, I gravitate towards English blends but can't get enough VA/Pers. I smoke anywhere from 2 to 12 bowls a week with probably more open tins than recommended. They are jarred up with labels and I am to the point of getting ready to gift all of those aros to reclaim the jars. Cellar maintenance can be fun, storage space is not but my wife is amazing and she tolerates it well even though I have just 2 drawers so far. Looking forward to warmer weather and to interact with this community. Cheers!

'olbuzzsaw

Lurker
Apr 11, 2024
Northwest Indiana
Welcome from the northern left coast. I also started with cigars and now do both. Different worlds of flavor, both can be immensely enjoyable and have their place. Enjoy the journey!
I agree. I also love having more options. Sometimes I will think that nothing would be better than a specific cigar, whatever pops in my head. Then go into the humidor, change my mind and walk away with a couple tins & a pipe and vice versa. Happens all the time. Thanks for the welcome!

dottlejockey

Starting to Get Obsessed
I agree. I also love having more options. Sometimes I will think that nothing would be better than a specific cigar, whatever pops in my head. Then go into the humidor, change my mind and walk away with a couple tins & a pipe and vice versa. Happens all the time. Thanks for the welcome!
Indeed! Pipes have a few unique benefits as well, such as being able to set it down and relight only to return to an equally pleasurable smoking experience. So if there is the threat of interruption, pipe is definitely my smoke of choice (for a break on the job, for instance, or while making phone calls). Also, a tin gives you about the same amount of smokes as a box of sticks for a fraction of the price. It's a nice change in flavors to explore, etc. Just to name a few. Nice to meet you. As with all forums you'll certainly enjoy the plethora of information and camaraderie of like-minded individuals. :)

Non-Mentholated Black Man

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2024
Where Texas Began
Welcome from the Birthplace of Texas.

Being a former pipe fighter/welder, I know that you are looking forward to warmer weather.
It will come, around the same time that you will want the coolness of autumn.