PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

'olbuzzsaw

Lurker
Apr 11, 2024
Northwest Indiana
Welcome from the Birthplace of Texas.

Being a former pipe fighter/welder, I know that you are looking forward to warmer weather.
It will come, around the same time that you will want the coolness of autumn.
I actually don't mind the heat as much after I quit drinking. It was an unanticipated byproduct. Our summers aren't like the Texas heat that's for sure. Thanks for the welcome and your screen name is hilarious!

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
What's up all of you good looking people? I am 43, from Hammond Indiana, and a Chicago LU 597 PipeFitter. I have been welding for 30 years, started when I was 13. I started the pipe hobby last October so I will be seeing you in the Tobacco Sell/Swap forums a lot in the upcoming months! My aromatics phase was very brief. Coming from cigars, which I still enjoy, I gravitate towards English blends but can't get enough VA/Pers. I smoke anywhere from 2 to 12 bowls a week with probably more open tins than recommended. They are jarred up with labels and I am to the point of getting ready to gift all of those aros to reclaim the jars. Cellar maintenance can be fun, storage space is not but my wife is amazing and she tolerates it well even though I have just 2 drawers so far. Looking forward to warmer weather and to interact with this community. Cheers!
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: 'olbuzzsaw

bpinkstaff

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2024
Rockton, il
What's up all of you good looking people? I am 43, from Hammond Indiana, and a Chicago LU 597 PipeFitter. I have been welding for 30 years, started when I was 13. I started the pipe hobby last October so I will be seeing you in the Tobacco Sell/Swap forums a lot in the upcoming months! My aromatics phase was very brief. Coming from cigars, which I still enjoy, I gravitate towards English blends but can't get enough VA/Pers. I smoke anywhere from 2 to 12 bowls a week with probably more open tins than recommended. They are jarred up with labels and I am to the point of getting ready to gift all of those aros to reclaim the jars. Cellar maintenance can be fun, storage space is not but my wife is amazing and she tolerates it well even though I have just 2 drawers so far. Looking forward to warmer weather and to interact with this community. Cheers!
Welcome From Rockton Illinois!