PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
My wife passed away a few years ago, but I am still close with my in-laws. They are truly wonderful people, and I feel fortunate to have them in my life. They live in Canada, but we still visit each other.

Well, last month, they came down to visit me in California for the holidays. They know I play guitar so they decided to buy me guitar "art" as a Christmas present.
I understand, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but this thing is so ugly (to me) I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. It currently lives, still boxed, in my garage.

View attachment 283168

There's no way I'm going to hang this thing on a wall and look at it daily. I just can't figure out what to do with it.
Yeesh.
Honestly mate, don't know whether to laugh or cry. Hitherto, cobs have been the most upsetting objects I've ever seen on the forum. Tricky one to handle...... Whatever decision you come up with, will be the right one. Sorry, that's all I got. It is your decision, after all. Lol.
Suerte! 👍

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72 and yanoJL

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Oh no, Mike. It was serious.
My mother in law and I just spoke a couple of days ago, and she asked me if I had hung hung it yet.
I said "no ma, not yet" lol.
I don't have the heart to tell her that I think it's hideous.
And they lugged this thing down from Toronto for me. I have no idea what to do here. I probably should have told them that this piece "isn't quite my style" and given then to opportunity to return it or something. But, when I opened it, I just kinda froze. In shock. And now I'm stuck. Lol.
If you really are a "TRUE" Guitar player, you will write your Mother in Law a song with it!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
My wife passed away a few years ago, but I am still close with my in-laws. They are truly wonderful people, and I feel fortunate to have them in my life. They live in Canada, but we still visit each other.

Well, last month, they came down to visit me in California for the holidays. They know I play guitar so they decided to buy me guitar "art" as a Christmas present.
I understand, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but this thing is so ugly (to me) I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. It currently lives, still boxed, in my garage.

View attachment 283168

There's no way I'm going to hang this thing on a wall and look at it daily. I just can't figure out what to do with it.
Yeesh.
Upon closer examination…that’s ugly.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
My 21st birthday, a very good friend got me a bottle of gin while I was studying for a zoology test. We drank it in the library, and I ace the test.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72

King Bulldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oh no, Mike. It was serious.
My mother in law and I just spoke a couple of days ago, and she asked me if I had hung hung it yet.
I said "no ma, not yet" lol.
I don't have the heart to tell her that I think it's hideous.
And they lugged this thing down from Toronto for me. I have no idea what to do here. I probably should have told them that this piece "isn't quite my style" and given then to opportunity to return it or something. But, when I opened it, I just kinda froze. In shock. And now I'm stuck. Lol.
If you have a garage just hang it up in there. Less you have to look at it. I'm no fan of it either but if you hang it in a garage it won't be as bad lol.

Reactions: yanoJL
My wife is the master of "why the fuck you givin' me this" gifts. When we met, she was so happy that i didn't drink. I would hear her on the phone telling friends and family that I didn't drink, which was a huge issue with her ex. Then that Christmas, what did she give me? A fucking flask. It was nice. She had made a sculpted silver inlay that she had applied. But... why? Ha ha
I used it for a few years to carry lemon juice that I would add to my sweet tea at restaurants, with waiters and other patrons looking at me like I was smoking crack at the table, ha ha.