PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
I fell for it, sent the money and never heard a word from the guy. If your gut is telling you something is off, it is.

My gut has always told me to never, ever do business on social media. I am proud to say that I don't play around on Facebook or any other b.s. social media site. Yes, I'm an over 50 codger that hates Zuckerburg and his cronies. From Twitter to Instagram to Uber to having food delivered through an app....... no way. I don't even know what instagram really is and I want to keep it that way. Making friends with someone through a social media site is insane to me and sending them money for goods is even crazier. And no offense to the crowd here (love the forum) or any other forum I belong to but I no longer buy or sell on any forum. I realized that if I get ripped off on a forum there is no way to do anything about it except to yell about my crazy experience on the forum and have grouches like me say, "Of course you got ripped off. It's Instagram!"

tomatamot

Part of the Furniture Now
May 26, 2020
EU
My gut has always told me to never, ever do business on social media. I am proud to say that I don't play around on Facebook or any other b.s. social media site. Yes, I'm an over 50 codger that hates Zuckerburg and his cronies. From Twitter to Instagram to Uber to having food delivered through an app....... no way. I don't even know what instagram really is and I want to keep it that way. Making friends with someone through a social media site is insane to me and sending them money for goods is even crazier. And no offense to the crowd here (love the forum) or any other forum I belong to but I no longer buy or sell on any forum. I realized that if I get ripped off on a forum there is no way to do anything about it except to yell about my crazy experience on the forum and have grouches like me say, "Of course you got ripped off. It's Instagram!"
???

Brew&Briar

(Urban Briar)
Jan 3, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Stick around here and participate and I'd bet you get it more than repaid in generosity.
I have popped on and off of this forum for many years, in the beginning just as a reader, and now for the past year as a member. It really is a great place for pipe smokers to get information, share stories, and ask questions.

An exemplary group of people as far as I can tell.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I have popped on and off of this forum for many years, in the beginning just as a reader, and now for the past year as a member. It really is a great place for pipe smokers to get information, share stories, and ask questions.

An exemplary group of people as far as I can tell.
Same. I don’t hesitate at all to F&F someone on here who has been a member and is allowed to post FS ads.

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
I did through Instagram, but not sure they will care much, as they don't have an option for "fraud" - only inappropriate content and using someones identity. I also opened a case with PayPal, which I hear doesn't hold up well when you use the friends and family feature of it.

All in all, It could have been worse. I mostly just want to let people know whats going on out there, I am sure some people are wiling to drop a lot more than I did.
You are correct about the friends and family part of PayPal it is loophole that was meant to save the $30 fee but you loose all protection

Reactions: BROBS

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
"I got scammed on Instagram,
Sent my money as "Friends & Fam",
Lost the fraud protection I could have had,
Turns out the cards I was dealt were bad."

Hows that for a start?

He lured me with McClelland blends
and offered to sweeten the pot