I've Created a Blend for Smoking Indoors.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
Greetings on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I have a smoking room where I typically smoke but also will smoke some aromatics in the living room. My wife enjoys the smell of several of them. I leave my English and English aromatics for my smoking room.
My wife loves the smell of cherry as her grandfather smoked cherry flavored tobacco out of his pipe. While I like the smell of cherry, I do not like the taste of cherry. So I started experimenting with 2 different blends, more for her than me, to smoke in the living room. She likes chocolate and cherry smells and taste. So, I've come up with 2 new blends named:
Chocolate Vanilla Custard Sundae &
Cherry Chip Cupcake
For the cherry mixture I'll tell you what I'm using but my goal with the cherry tobacco is for room note, not necessarily taste. As long as the she can smell cherry while I'm smoking my pipe is what matters as I'm not big on cherry flavoring. Thank goodness there's some blends that smell a lot like cherry but don't taste like it.
In case anyone else would like to try these blends yourself.
Chocolate Vanilla Custard Sundae
4 Parts Boswell's No Bite DeLite
4 Parts Lane Limited BCA
2 Parts Sutliff Vanilla Custard Z92
2 Parts Boswell's Black Cherry
This blend is a home run.
Cherry Chip Cupcake
4 Parts Boswell's Cupcake
4 Parts Boswell's Black Cherry
2 Parts Lane Limited BCA
This is another home run. My wife loves these 2 blends and actually asks me to smoke them in the living room.
Now if I can just convince her to let me smoke Countryside in the living room 😬
If anyone is looking for 2 great blends give them a try. I tried several different cherry blends and settled on Boswell's Black Cherry. If you want more or less cherry room note or flavor you can experiment with different cherry blends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Medy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2024
Chambersburg PA
Greetings on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I have a smoking room where I typically smoke but also will smoke some aromatics in the living room. My wife enjoys the smell of several of them. I leave my English and English aromatics for my smoking room.
My wife loves the smell of cherry as her grandfather smoked cherry flavored tobacco out of his pipe. While I like the smell of cherry, I do not like the taste of cherry. So I started experimenting with 2 different blends, more for her than me, to smoke in the living room. She likes chocolate and cherry smells and taste. So, I've come up with 2 new blends named:
Cherry Chip Cupcake
For the cherry mixture I'll tell you what I'm using but my goal with the cherry tobacco is for room note, not necessarily taste. As long as the she can smell cherry while I'm smoking my pipe is what matters as I'm not big on cherry flavoring. Thank goodness there's some blends that smell a lot like cherry but don't taste like it.
4 Parts Lane Limited BCA
Cherry Chip Cupcake
2 Parts Lane Limited BCA
This is another home run. My wife loves these 2 blends and actually asks me to smoke them in the living room.
If anyone is looking for 2 great blends give them a try. I tried several different cherry blends and settled on Boswell's Black Cherry. If you want more or less cherry room note or flavor you can experiment with different cherry blends.
Those sound awesome I’m gonna have to try those next time I go to the shop.

I take it you are local to PA?

Last edited:
Reactions: BPatrick

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Cherry Chip Cupcake
4 Parts Lane Limited BCA
Cherry Chip Cupcake
2 Parts Lane Limited BCA
What?
No Smuckers Caramel Butterscotch Strawberry Prune n’ Kiwi Sundae Syrup?

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
Those sound awesome I’m gonna have to try those next time I go to the shop.

I take it you are local to PA?
No, I'm from Michigan right off the lake. I have a decent tobacco collection cellared and wanted to create a few blends that my wife would enjoy, to smoke in the living room. I've known about Boswell for a while and they use quality tobacco. TBH, if I could smoke Petersons Early Morning Pipe or Countryside in the living room life would be perfect lol.

Reactions: Reggie

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
Cherry Chip Cupcake
4 Parts Lane Limited BCA
Cherry Chip Cupcake
2 Parts Lane Limited BCA
Damn autocorrect and large hands. Title is supposed to say "To Smoke In The House" but now I can't go back and edit.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Damn autocorrect and large hands. Title is supposed to say "To Smoke In The House" but now I can't go back and edit.
I did some editing. Hope it looks fine to you.

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
Yes for sure! I just wish I had all of the tobaccos to make them.
I already had the No Bite DeLite and Cupcake blends from Boswell. I tried some different cherry blends. Some were really strong. I settled on the black cherry Boswell's blend as it was actually good. Some people enjoy cherry and could use different blends. I liked that black cherry smelled stronger than it tasted.
My wife asked how mixing Countryside with black cherry sounded...I told her like divorce. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: yanoJL and Medy

Medy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2024
Chambersburg PA
No, I'm from Michigan right off the lake. I have a decent tobacco collection cellared and wanted to create a few blends that my wife would enjoy, to smoke in the living room. I've known about Boswell for a while and they use quality tobacco. TBH, if I could smoke Petersons Early Morning Pipe or Countryside in the living room life would be perfect lol.
Okay dang was gonna say if you where local we could meet and try some

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
I did some editing. Hope it looks fine to you.

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.
Thanks. New to this site and still learning my way around and navigating it.

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
Sounds good. If you want to add some chocolate to the mix you might try Sutliff Zurich Delight.
Thanks for the recommendation. Boswell's No Bite DeLite is very heavy on the chocolate side already. My challenge was finding a strong smelling cherry burn note that wasn't too strong on the taste side.

Reactions: Medy

Medy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2024
Chambersburg PA
I work in sales and do travel to PA. I'd love to meet up there as I've never been and always wanted to go. I need to mix up some more of these blends and I'd be happy to send you some of each. See what you think.
That would be awesome and thanks! Seeing how I’m just starting out and trying new blends and finding out what I like.

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
That would be awesome and thanks! Seeing how I’m just starting out and trying new blends and finding out what I like.
My recommendation, and I'm sure others will agree, dry your tobacco before you smoke it. Cuts down on tongue bite and you actually taste the tobacco more. The last part was the hardest for me to grasp years ago. The less moisture, the less heat it takes to burn and the steam doesn't wash away the flavors.

Reactions: Medy