I've Created a Blend for Smoking Indoors.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
Well, I think its cool. You need to name them after your wife (even if you dont share it here). Every point counts in the game of life!
Great idea. She basically came up with the names as I asked her what she thought they smelled like when I was mixing the blend. Years ago I'd ask her what something smelled like and she'd just answer, smoke. So I started telling her I was writing a review of a tobacco and wanted her input as she has a great sense of smell. So I picked 3 blends I thought she'd enjoy and have her smell the tin and room note and describe it. She went from smoke to saying I like this more than this, which was the key. She said she likes one over the other and pipe smoke wasn't a negative or just smoke. Then she'd pick out the different flavors. She told me her grand dad and father also smoked a pipe and liked the cherry smell. So I bought some cherry flavored tobacco. I would add a little cherry to different blends I enjoyed and she likes them too. She just got used to it and eventually I would smoke different blends. As a smart man, lol, I always took note of blends she likes. I'll have to search my phone for a picture of her smoking one of my pipes. She's in my profile picture.

Reactions: Medy

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
All is great today. Just sitting on the porch with a bowl of Bosswell’s Best enjoying the nice weather!
I've heard a lot about that blend. I think I read where Lane 1Q was a copy of Boswell's Best. I'll have to read up on that. It's gonna be 76 for the first time since last year. Being so close to lake Michigan, spring is usually cold and cloudy. Bluebird skies and a breeze. I'be got all the windows to my smoking room open and have hijacked all my wife's cookie sheets and am drying tobacco. I ordered a lot of bulk tobacco over the winter, in bulk, and am spreading it out on sheets to dry out. Not completely, but also all aromatics come too wet. Great for storing long-term, but for my smoking preference, too wet. Drying them eliminates tongue bite possibilities for me. I'm not a fast smoker so I don't smoke hot anyway. I feel I taste more of the tobacco and aromas when there isn't as much steam coming from my pipes. I think I'm going to be out here all day as the Mrs is with her aunt on a church picnic. That lady's club always runs over time. 😁

• Love
Reactions: Medy

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
This thread teetered on the edge of being closed, but participants have leveled the heat.
Note: No one "owns" a thread or can dictate who and how to post in it.