PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Just horrible, and new "aftershocks" larger than the San Fransico earthquake are still occurring. One very large aftershock 6.8 off of Hounshu, just a few minutes ago. New Tsunami warnings on the Eastern Islands of Japan.

Looks like the sea has claimed a major portion of the islands as well.
My prayers go out for those who have been lost, and those that remain.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Heard on one of the news stations that the island of Honshu (the main island of Japan) was moved 8 feet to the East by the earthquake. That is astounding and almost impossible for me to fathom such force.

tokyobombers

Lurker
Jun 6, 2009
Tokyo
Earthquake shakes buildings in Tokyo is great, and fortunately did little damage. Small aftershocks are still continuing.Cities near the coast of northeastern Japan suffered devastating.The victim is also expected to significantly exceed 10,000.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome Tokyobombers. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with all those in your country affected by this devastating event and the events that have followed.
Tokyobombersへようこそ。私たちの思いと祈りは、この壊滅的なイベントと続いているイベントによって影響を受けてあなたの国のすべてのものとされていること知ってください

tokyobombers

Lurker
Jun 6, 2009
Tokyo
Thanks. A serious problem now is a nuclear power plant cooling system failure. Residents living near the plant have been evacuated since yesterday.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have no sympathy for the Japanese. I won't expound here. Just Google Japanese War atrocities.

As a nation they've made Hitler and Stalin look like puppies ...and they slaughter whales! :crazy:
(But I don't delight in their grief either.)

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
The death toll is now estimated to be North of 10k, from an article I just read. Nothing but sympathy here. Not going to donate money, because my taxes are paying for two CAGs worth of help, but good God.

I hope the 10k thing is wrong.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Collin, I would say, you have no way of knowing whether the thousands upon thousands of Japanese who illegally slaughter whales, dolphin, and sharks are alive or dead. /rant

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Collin Dow said
..the death toll is now estimated to be North of 10k... Nothing but sympathy here

10K ? That's about a quarter the number of Chinese they lined-up for their machine gunners' target practice during the "Rape of Nanking".

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Okay guys if you want to discuss the subject of war crimes can you please do it through PMs? It is a very touchy subject that can explode and become an arguement! :( Thanks a bunch guys.

tokyobombers

Lurker
Jun 6, 2009
Tokyo
Tokyo is Monday morning. Due to power shortage, the city near Tokyo is supposed to turn future blackouts. Train to be a cessation of operation around Tokyo, I can not go to work.

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
I sure hope life improves as fast as possible for you Tokyob. Heartbreaking to see the damage done.

Status
Not open for further replies.