PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotokun16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
I recommend tabbing BBC News-LIVE: Japan earthquake center (online live video). CNN is a little too slow...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698#video

Some recent quotes and tweets:

"Jun Suzuki in Kashiwa-shi, Chiba, Japan writes: "Most of the people here are confused. Some Japanese people in the Tokyo area have also started to evacuate to the west. We really appreciate the rescue teams from other countries and rescue dogs from England. They are involved in a lot of activity for us right now. Really much appreciated."
"Mr Jackzo said the high radiation levels would make it very difficult for workers to get near the reactor. "The doses they could experience would potentially be lethal doses in a very short period of time," he said, but added that the NRC's information on the situation was "very limited""

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Having lived less than a mile and-a-half from a nuclear power plant for most of my childhood, I'm pretty cognizant of the dangers and problems with them. My hearts go out to the plant workers who can no longer do their jobs (due to extreme rad levels) to save not just their nation, but their homes and communities. Just awful.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.